1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17 thread -- Plaxico reminds you that gun safety is cool

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 29, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You didn't answer the question. What has Judge done that disrespects the game?

2. outofplace

This has been driving me nuts all season. It is going on in the secondary, too. Yes, part of that is a fanboy thing. T.J. Watt is getting mugged just about every play.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The amount of DBs on these threads is getting bad. Very careless.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I just think it's a little much for a first year coach with a losing record to start talking about "respect" for the game. He lost to the team/coach he was criticizing twice, and the coach in question has a Super Bowl on his resume. That's what I find hilarious about the situation.

7. outofplace

That still doesn't tell us any way that Judge disrespected the game. I'll be happy to stipulate that Pederson is a more successful coach. That doesn't mean Judge is wrong about what Pederson did Sunday night.

8. DanOregon

Give it a rest. I said I found "it" hilarious. I never said Judge disrespected the game, the point was he is in no position to be telling other how to coach or casting judgement on other teams. Stop asking. If you think Judge IS the Lord Exemplar of Playing the Right Way - go ahead.

9. outofplace

What you wrote was that it was hilarious that Judge said he would never disrespect the game. You didn't imply that his wanting to take his 6-10 team to the playoffs disrespected the game?

Regarding the last bit of foolishness, please don't erect and attack strawmen in my honor. I never suggested anything of the kind about Judge. Thank you.

10. DanOregon

Don't read too much in to what I post. I get sick of players and coaches talking about "respecting" the game, whatever the sport, and whatever prompts their need to talk about said "respect." Everyone is out for themselves. Manipulating the rules. Seeking an edge any way they can find it - via tanking, cutting a better player to save cash on a back-up etc.

11. outofplace

Draft saved Draft deleted