1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17: Billy Kilmer tried to commit suicide but the bullet was intercepted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Don't think that if Payton were on the other end, that pissant wouldn't respond in like manner.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm not a gambling guy, but I would guess that the point spread for Giants over Cowboys is small, but the odds of them winning outright are high.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Early line is Giants -3. I haven't seen a money line yet. I imagine it'll stay right about there, give or take a half point unless something comes out this week about Romo's hand.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

My point is that anything that we've learned about these two teams in recent years tells us that the game will be very close and that the Giants will find a way to win / Dallas will find a way to lose.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

It's on par with any storylines where "Cedric Benson" and "redemption" are mentioned in the same week.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Also, this is just what the Saints do. Remember the Colts game? That was a significantly wider blowout with no records on the line, and Brees threw 35 times in the first three quarters. You could make the argument that Brees should have been out of the game by the fourth quarter in this one (as he was against the Colts), but it's tough to argue that the Saints should have been running the ball on every play. That's not what they do.

I'm in favor of running up the score in the pros, though, particularly against a division rival and even more so against a team that is going to the playoffs.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Jets are privately saying they're going to "explore their options" at quarterback in 2012.

Quick, schedule this guy another GQ spread before he loses his job for good!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/27/mark-sanchez-addresses-mounting-criticism/

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What a complete mess of a franchise.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, that's really too bad to see.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Exactly. Plus, his best years are still ahead of him.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

there's the right way to play with class and the wrong way. payton chooses the WRONG way consistently, running up scores wherever he can, as if seeking a higher spot in the rankings... i HATE the stoopid notion that teams shoul not whine about it, just 'suck it up and stop 'em if you've got a problem with it.' that's neither here nor there. you NEVER play to run up the score or go for some record -- with the exception i'd allow being if it's the last shot at the record 'cause the season is about to end.

effin' payton not only had another game to let brees get his precious 32 yards, but that game is also AT HOME, taking away the b.s. excuse of wanting brees to do it in front of the home folks. this was a low-class move by the saints, a shame that it happens to a class act like brees -- instead of being universally hailed for setting the mark pyton invited all this ruckus/espn debate to sully the moment.

as for getting it out of the way 'to avoid the distraction this week,' more b.s. waitng another week wouldn't have ben any distraction. want to see how it can become a distraction? with a falcons-saints playoff game a distinct possibility, well, the distraction/sideshow angles speak for themselves.-

12. Yes and no. With very little threat of the pass, it's a little harder to run the ball. Except, of course, if you are Tebow and the Broncos. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted