1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17: All it takes is one big quarter, just ask Doug Williams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I had Minnesota-New England before the season.

Love New England now.

If the Vikings finish big against the Giants, they can still do it. But, I think at least one NFC East team will be in the conference title game.

In the AFC, Baltimore and Denver are my picks to make the AFC omelette.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I think the three best teams in the NFL right now all play in the AFC.

3. Simon_Cowbell

I just have an awful feeling that New England is gonna take care of business.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Would be nice if they did so Sunday. :)

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Would be nice if the Steelers, Patriots and either the Raiders or Bengals did so on Sunday, for sure.

6. Simon_Cowbell

That will be a tough one.

Damn, I love the talent on that Houston team.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't remind me. I really liked your Dolphins against them with their playoff lives on the line better than the Patriots with the relatively meaningless No. 3 seed on the line.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

The best possible scenario is for the Steelers to win, finish 9-7 and not make the playoffs so little pOOP can tell us how they had a better wining percentage than any MLB team that didn't make the playoffs and how that proves how great the "level playing field" Mediocre Fotball League is.

Of course, it's OK for the Colts to go 15-1 but if the Yankees went 151-11 (a lower winning percentage) little whiny ass pOOP would say it's because of their unfair advantage.

9. Simon_Cowbell

You are still the one disavowing the ridiculous advantage the Yankees have....and YOU are making fun of someone else?

Comic gold.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

How did I never call oop pOOP? Fuck!

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Lemme guess what the extra p stands for.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Oddsmakers in Vegas are expecting a couple of teams to give no effort at all: New England is a 7.5-point underdog vs. Houston, and Cincinnati is a 10-point underdog vs. the Jets. This whole thing is a fraud, no better than a game played during the first week of August.

Draft saved Draft deleted