1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mooninite, Dec 20, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Ah, it's just a crapshoot anyway.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Holt just fired his coach.

Yeah, Davenport dukes in the closet. I see it now.

Naj is the man now in Pittsburgh. You can see it in his brown eyes as he streaks down the field.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Davenport brings a load on every carry.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And Jesus gives me yet another reason to hate the Steelers. There goes my only dependable (or semi-dependable) back. Fuck.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And, more importantly, any chance the Steelers had to make the Super Bowl have vanished.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Najeh Davenport says HB is full of shit. ;)

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not that they had any chance to begin with.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Actually, it's a good trade-off.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

They probably had no shot with or without Parker. Though, I thought in the right--or wrong--weather conditions, Parker could have worn the Pats' D-line and linebackers down.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The tiny shot the Steelers had at winning the Super Bowl this year ended when Aaron Smith went down for the year. He was a key run defender and at least a threat as a pass rusher.

Now, the Pittsbugh run defense is average at best. Most teams were one-dimensional from the opening snap against that defense early in the season, taking pressure off the secondary. Now that has changed.

The Steelers were fairly average to begin with. No way are they good enough to do any damage in the playoffs with five starters missing (Ryan Clark, Dan Kreider and Marvel Smith as well), including their best defensive lineman and their Pro Bowl running back.

Oh, and Sean Mahan might be their worst free agent signing since Duce Staley. The Steelers are suffering from something that hasn't happened to them in about 40 years. Their center is awful.

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I didn't get to see the game. Did Deion break out his awesome math skills again?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Did anyone see Holt dress down the coach for laughing after Taylor took the pick back for a TD?

Draft saved Draft deleted