1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread: Vinny Testaverde can't see the ads and pics on this screen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 22, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, if they had the best player, then clearly that means they had the best defense.

I guess if you are going to make a bad argument that a quarterback gets credit for what the entire team did, then it makes sense to extend that argument to a single defensive player and the entire defense.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Never said that, bee boop. Just pointing out to the apologists that the comparison between the two defenses is not as drastic as people make it seem. On both sides of the ball, the Colts have had tons of talent at key positions for a decade. But the quarterback and, even more, the coach more often than not underachieved in crunch time.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

the Patriots defenses were far superior to the Colts defenses.

I would take Brady over Manning but the biggest advantage has been Blicheck over Dungy or Caldwell

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Will not argue with that.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Well done.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. RickStain

Tom Brady has never won a Super Bowl without a defense in the top six in the league in fewest points allowed. Brady's had such a defense six times.

Manning's had a top-6 scoring defense twice, and the year he won the Super Bowl it was No. 23.

But then again, the Colts had Bob Sanders so it all evened out, or something.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I think you better check your wires, R2. You seem to be on the fritz.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

LOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIELOVIE

9. RickStain

And Cutler. Lovie *and* Cutler.

I don't know why Brady vs. Manning keeps coming up, when it should really be Brady vs. Manning vs. Cutler

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You won't find many people who want Cutler to succeed more than I do. But that won't stop me from calling him out when he fucks up. Despite his being a winner.

11. RickStain

You can share my avatar if you want.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted