1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: The Vinny Testaverde Feel Good

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 17, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

After three trips in two years to Vegas for work and another one coming in March I would rather go to Elkhart, indiana than Las Vegas.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'll take your spot in the desert so you can be free to go to Elkhart.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Steelers’ offense is inept, yet somehow they have been in every game but one since the opener. I watched Mahomes for a bit last night. That doesn’t even look like the same game. I get that he is special, but the difference is massive.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was saying the same thing last night but about the Jets. For my team, it takes 3 plays to get 11 yards and it feels like a major accomplishment. For the Chiefs, 3rd and 15 is no problem at all.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Three consecutive encroachment penalties are the only way the Jets are converting a 3rd and 15

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That’s not fair, they sometimes benefit from a dubious roughing the passer.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Anybody mention that Michael Thomas is now the single season reception leader in the NFL at 145, with 1 game to go? Seems like a significant record that was set 17 years ago.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The way offenses have skewed toward the passing game, I'm a little surprised it lasted this long. Or that no one else had really gotten close. No. 2 on the list, before Thomas broke it, was 136 receptions, and only three players have had as many as 125.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Even in a pass-happy league, I think Thomas could hold onto the record for a long time. It's a mindblowing number already and if he somehow gets to 160, wow.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Yes the difference between Pat Mahomes and fucking Duck Hodges is as massive as a should be. You can take the best parts of Hodges and Rudolph, combine them and they would be somewhere between a really good practice squad QB and a bad back-up that you hope never gets in the game. Steelers need to draft a QB in the first two rounds and hope Bathroom Ben doesn't throw a temper tantrum over it.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Did not know that. And, yes, it would seem like a pretty important thing. I know football isn't like baseball in its interest in stats, but he plays for a good team and he had already established the record for catches in a player's first three seasons. Or something like that.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They have no first round pick next year. I could certainly see them taking one with their second rounder. Roethlisberger is going to hamstring the franchise the next two seasons with that ridiculous extension the gave him, so he can shut up.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted