1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: Dolphins up a (Len Dawson's) creek? '09? Yes. '72? Hell, no!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 22, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Re: NFL Week 16: Are Dolphins up a (Len Dawson's) creek?

I'm sure oop knows I'm just having a little fun. In the Christmas sprit. But thanks for posting, simon. At least now we know oop isn't the biggest humorless bore on sj. :D

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Ah yes.... the I'm-just-having-fun-with-my-patently-unfunny-emission defense

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Cheer up, jackass. It's Christmastime!

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

More craziness from an NFC that is still far from settled despite the small field of contenders:

If the Cowboys win out, the Giants win out too, and the Vikings somehow lose to the Bears, then Dallas hosts Philadelphia -- probably on Sunday night, though we'll have to see -- in Week 17 with a chance to get a first-round bye with a win. Or the Cowboys could be eliminated with a loss.

Either a bye, or out on your ass.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Shut the fuck up, oop. :D

Seriously, though, Tomlin should have been more clever and said something like, "Concerning Sweed, let's just drop it."

6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Or that he's dealing with something that's "out of his hands."

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Really? I tune in here and we are discussing Limas Sweed and Joey Galloway?

For Fuck's sake -- could we go one fucking day without allowing Mullet-head-Styx-loving-idiot-mayor-voting-loser-Steelers-fanboys to take over every thread involving football?

Holy cripe, I thought we had bottomed out when someone -- and I won't name him but I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count and all I'll say is he is the same person who posted this Galloway link and yet had the audacity to try and argue the fact that he posts ridiculous and meaningless links about the Steelers -- decided to try and get a discussion going about Arnold Harrison being cut...... ::)

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wish Steelers fans didn't give Styx fans such bad names. [/he says as he listens to Don't Let It End]

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I have tickets for Sunday's game. I can't wait until there is a really big spot for the defense to make a stop late in the game and they play "Renegade" up on the Jumbotron and all the fans go nuts and the defense gets hyped --- and then Joe Flacco takes the Ravens right down the field for a touchdown, sort of like last week when Aaron Rodgers threw the touchdown pass to take the late lead right after the song was played. LOL

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait, you're going to the Steelers game? Could you please bring a film crew to document this? I'd pay good money to see your interactions with those guys. :D :D

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Galloway signing was one of the top sports stories on a couple of different sports websites at the time, which I thought was odd. The Sweed thing is interesting because they are hiding what his problem is.

And the story wasn't Arnold Harrison being cut. It was the sense of panic evident when a team is scraping the scrap heap for help every single week. I'm sorry that was too complex for you to understand.

BYH, don't give Zag that much credit. He whines about Steelers fans here because he doesn't have the guts to say a word to the Yinzer nation in person.

12. Re: NFL Week 16: Are Dolphins up a (Len Dawson's) creek?

Except you miss the fact that the next time Flacco has a good game against the Steelers would be the first. And you forgot the fact that you put your asshole hat on again.

Draft saved Draft deleted