1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15 thread -- Starry nights at Lambeau

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 15, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I need to get my eyes checked. I swear I read that Joe Burrow would be worth a second or third round pick today.

That just can't be right.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The difference is Mayfield actually struggled, and even early this season people still had legitimate questions about him. Burrow did nothing to diminish his value as a rookie.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

He tore his ACL and MCL. I mean, as a fan of football, I hope he comes back as good as new. But not every guy is Drew Brees (great outcome), Teddy Bridgewater (OK outcome, eventually) or Joe Theismann. If you trust your team doctor, and he says the recovery should be fine, yeah, go ahead and trade multiple firsts. Otherwise, injuries are a motherfucker, and the physical and mental recovery from them means I'm not surrendering multiple assets for him.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I think that may have something to do with the salary cap, thought it's probably just shitposting.

Draft saved Draft deleted