1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: It has to be Tebow, right?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Kind of a blah schedule, at least until Sunday afternoon.

Top games:

Seattle (6-7) at Chicago (7-6): Amazingly, both teams could still sneak into the playoffs.

Detroit (8-5) at Oakland (7-6): Two teams who going nowhere fast, but still clinging to playoff hopes.

New England (10-3) at Denver (8-5): The less said, the better.

N.Y. Jets (8-5) at Philadelphia (5-8): Jets seem to be turning it on at the right time.

Baltimore (10-3) at San Diego (6-7): Ravens try to hold onto the tiebreaker over the Steelers.

Pittsburgh (10-3) at San Francisco (10-3): Easily the game of the week. Niners get to prove whether or not they're for real, while Steelers could steal division back from Ravens.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Week 15: It has to be Tebow, right?

Lame title. Not a single exclamation point?

Tebow Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Fixed. I should have gone with Bart Starr ...

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the Denver-New England game is the biggest game of the week by far.

Imagine if Tebow beats Brady.

I think the injuries could take away a lot from the Niners-Steelers game.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Considering Seattle couldn't score any touchdowns against the St. Louis defense until it finally wore the Rams down late, I'm dubious about their chances to score against the Bears.

However, Lynch is a monster and with Forte out, the Bears don't have much in the way of playmakers on offense.

I would think Chicago can win at home. Whatever the result is, though, take the under. There won't be much offense in that one.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No. It didn't have to be Tebow. But we all knew it would be.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I know everyone likes to bag on my boy Colin Cowherd, but he made a good point this morning: The Pats/Tebows game will be the most watched regular season game in the history of women.

IMO, it will be the first game ever where women are begging their men to turn on the game.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is Willis expected to miss that one for the 49ers? Or Gore?

I'd be surprised if Roethlisberger doesn't play for the Steelers. They might be without Woodley and Pouncey, but they should be used to that by now. Woodley has been out for a while and Pouncey is always hurt.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Eh, it'll be like the old joke about NBA games -- you don't need to watch until the last two minutes.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I guess you missed the story of a man named Brady ...

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Willis is dicey -- game-time proposition at best. They missed him about as much as you'd expect last week, and now that they have to win out to hold off New Orleans for the #2 seed I have to think he'll give it a go. Gore has been playing, not effective but not hurt enough to sit out.

I'd take the Steelers. Niners can't score -- they have been taking field goals instead of touchdowns for a month now -- and they are a bit leaky in the secondary.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I was hoping for Jeff Hostetler.

Draft saved Draft deleted