1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Survivor: Gary Hogeboom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Dec 2, 2008.

1. lono

lono Active Member

If San Diego loses at home to Oakland tonight, they should be forced to change their name to the San Diego Nancys.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

When does A.J. Smith begin to take heat for this season?

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Try the last two. Chargers fans can say what they wish about Marty, but somehow I don't think this slide happens under his watch. This is about a lot more than Shawne Merriman's knee and LaDainian Tomlinson's recent ailments ...

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Then what moniker would the franchise formerly known as the Donkeys wear? Getting skunked in Mile High to the Raiders probably earned them that label for a while.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Talk about desperation...

With Thomas, Woods, and Redd sidelined, Pats ink Rosevelt Colvin and are expected to sign Junior Seau.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sam, I think the point was that good skill position players excite people, which is why he said the Panthers -- like the Steelers -- don't excite some people when they're on TV. It's not because they lack great playmakers on defense.

And no, Muhsin Muhammad would not start for the Steelers. He would not push Ward or Holmes to third-receiver status, but he is a damn good player, and one who's always been quite underrated.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

or phil pozderac

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Hey Wuss -- Are you whining again about XL discussions? Until I get a rap on the knuckles for it by a higher power here, I'll talk about it all I fucking like.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Isn't there an NFL game being played tonight?

Oh, wait, it's the Raiders. Nevermind.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bolts leading 34-7, just under three minutes left. I turned it off.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why are you calling Tommy_Dreamer a wuss? (He's the one who brought up Super Bowl XL).

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The NFL does not seem the same with a shitty team in Oakland.

It's sad this once proud franchise has fallen so far.

Draft saved Draft deleted