1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Survivor: Gary Hogeboom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The only thing wrong with the thread title is that it should have been Hogenbloom

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

He didn't throw the game. He threw the FUCKING BALL TO LARRY BROWN!!!

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't forget blaming one of his receivers for the second interception after the game, too. He wouldn't say which one (people figured out it was Hastings), but he made sure to put the blame elsewhere.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Skill position? How about the entire team? Time to tear this question apart.

Derrick Brooks and Jon Beason could start for anyone else, including your beloved Steelers (other Steelers fans, not shooting at you. But his arrogance has pretty much pushed me to this).

Willie Parker isn't that much better than either Jonathan Stewart or DeAngelo Williams. And trust me ... Muhsin Muhammad could start for you.

And you're trying to tell me you wouldn't take Julius Peppers? How about Ken Lucas? Ronde Barber?

Ask another stupid question, please. And yes ... I did list more than skill positions. It takes more than a star quarterback, running back or wideout to be effective. Or are you still trying to pass second grade?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Time for the ref to step in. Sammy has KO'd Steelers fanboi.

6. Sam Mills 51

Pall, I don't say this to try and get at you - just did that to someone else - but the key will probably be Moose.

Panthers will have a tough time running, and Ronde Barber probably still has enough physical talent to cancel out Ritalin Child. That leaves Moose against the rest of Tampa's secondary - whoever's left after run help and Barber on Smith. Perhaps Dante Rosario's athleticism turns into an X-factor.

On the other side of the ball, I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers' pass rush makes life really difficult on Jeff Garcia, which is why it will be imperative for Warrick Dunn and friends to get a running game churning.

Two more factors to consider: Carolina wants to show that Tampa's destruction of the Panthers earlier in the season was a fluke, and Cadillac Williams will be back in the place that almost ended his career.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Calm down, Sam.

These posts are trying explain why everyone is talking about games other than Bucs-Panthers, and my reasoning was they do not have star power at their skill positions. Which both teams do not.

They of course have great players. You just expanded the posts to fit your needs.

Hockeybeat, you started talking about the Steelers in the above posts, not me. I mentioned Giants, Jets and Dallas for a reason.

8. Sam Mills 51

If people can't see how good Monday night's game can be - it would need to be discussed by someone with no dog in the fight, an absence of bias - then that's their problem.

Jersey sales shouldn't be the barometer for a matchup. Period.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And Sam's point still stand, Stillers fanboi. Your post made it sound like the Panthers were devoid of talent outside of Steve Smith. They're not. And if you go through their roster, there are plenty of players that the league's contenders would love to have.

10. 93Devil

HB, do you know what a skill position is?

They are RB, WR, TE, QB.

When I type "skill position," as most people do when they hear the term, I eliminate the other positions and concentrate on the four listed above.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Thank you, you condescending ass. I have only been watching the NFL for 31 years and, as such, had no idea what constituted skill position players.

Perhaps there's something else you can educate me on. Do field goals count for three points?

12. 93Devil

Then quit putting words into my posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted