1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Ryan Fitzpatrick, the $59 million albatross

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 6, 2011.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As part of the shuffle, the Raiders-Packers game was shifted from a 10 a.m. PST kickoff to 1:15 p.m., meaning in Northern California, its competition on Fox will be the 49ers-Cardinals game, which kicks off at 1:05 p.m. PST.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/05/tv-dilemma-for-bay-area-nfl-fans/

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

His wife was a Playboy centerfold ... any other silly questions?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Marcus Bachmann's wife was a cheerleader. So what?

4. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

To keep TO away?

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I had to cover a different ACC team for the early part of Yates' career, and I can definitely back those sentiments up.

He lucked into a game the Texans didn't need him to take major risks aside from one pass to Andre Johnson. He still didn't exactly have a good game. He was 12-for-25. The Bengals are hurting at cornerback and may not be able to make him pay as they would have with Leon Hall and Nate Clements at full strength. But I still think, with Johnson gimpy or out, Yates will struggle. Even seeing him (from a distance) post a decent senior season, I was stunned to hear that he had been drafted in the fifth round.

6. derwood

derwood Active Member

Archie on Colts qb situation.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7324506

"I used to play with his dad [Oliver]. ... I'm in New York, I heard from him last night," Archie Manning told Fox Sports Radio, according to ProFootballTalk. "Peyton's also tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. I doubt if either one wants to play on the same team."

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

A young squeaky-voiced zit-speckled Poindexter once argued that he was making history, also.

And that no one would ever forget it.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Are you referring to former first-team All-Pro quarterback Randall Cunningham? He was unforgettable.

9. Herbert Anchovy

For us that were kids then, yes. But let's be serious. Who still talks about Randall Cunningham? He was a shooting star.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You need to brush up. He led three playoff teams in a row, and 1991 had a high likelihood of being a Super Bowl season if he hadn't gotten hurt in Week 1. Then, at age 35, he was the MVP runner-up on a 15-1 team.

If "Tim Tebow = Randall Cunningham" is your argument, and you mean it as a disparagement, you lose.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Nope. Cunningham had a short revival with the Vikings. He was briefly benched one of those Eagles playoff years for Jim McMahon.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Cunningham was no Kyle Orton. People to this day talk about Orton's mystical 2005 season.

Draft saved Draft deleted