1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Jim Harbaugh's first number

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 3, 2012.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

So if they go 10-6 you win? I think you're in good shape.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As a lifelong Bears fan, my answer to whether or not the Bears can beat Green Bay is BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Eh, both the Bears and Packers have been up and down. Both have had their moments. That game is a toss-up to me. These are not the 2011 Packers.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agreed.

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

To get to 9-7, Giants must go 2-2 against New Orleans, at Atlanta, at Baltimore, Philadelphia. OK, I'll buy that.

To get to 9-7, Washington must go 3-1 against Baltimore, at Cleveland, at Philadelphia, Dallas. Looks doable.

To get to 9-7, Dallas must go 3-1 against at Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, at Washington. No freaking way.

The Redskins have the tie-breaker over the Giants (better division record unless they somehow lose to both Philadelphia and Dallas, in which case they're dead anyway), so the Giants might have to go 3-1 down the stretch to get in. I think they can and probably will do that -- when they are on, they might be the league's most complete team -- but it sure isn't a lock right now.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

There's a remote chance that if Seattle gets to 10-6 --- certainly possible --- that the NFC East runnerup won't make it at 9-7.

The Giants are still 7-5 and alone in first place in the NFC East. If they blow a playoff spot from here, they have no one but themselves to blame.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ariz beat NE in Foxborough. There are no gimmes in the NFL. Although Giants at home vs. Nick Foles maybe close.

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

Foles looked pretty good Sunday night. The secondary -- and a Bryce Brown fumble -- killed the Eagles at Dallas.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/big-ben-will-have-to-prove-hes-healthy-664971/

Roethlisberger not quite a sure thing to return this week against the Chargers and cornerback Ike Taylor is out at least two weeks with a hairline fracture in his right ankle.

10. Steelers are in a weird spot. Ike is out . . . but his replacement has a game under his belt at the position, so it isn't as bad as it once would be. The D is relearning how to play with Polamalu . . . he is going to have to get back to his freelancing ways soon enough, and they have been playing it by the book for so many games now. Colon is reportedly ready to rejoin the line, but Beachum played really well in his absence, not to mention Pouncy at guard and Legursky at Center. Batch . . . who knows, but I suspect he will play pretty well in Ben's stead. He usually shows improvement from game to game when he gets an extended shot. I think they will win on Sunday, but who will play and where? Eventually, they will have to settle in on some of those questions to stabilize for their playoff run.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The way the Giants have played this season, there isn't a single one of their remaining games that they can't lose.

Will they lose all of them? Almost certainly not. I think 3-1 is probably the most likely and 2-2 is also very possible. It could get really interesting if they lose to the Saints. I don't think that will happen, but Brees is coming off one of his worst games in recent memory and might have something to prove. The Giants aren't the best against the pass.

The way this season has gone for the Giants, they'll probably struggle against the Saints, blow out the Falcons, lose to the Ravens, and then struggle against Philly.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Chuck Pagano done with chemotherapy, aiming to return to sideline by Week 17.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20121204/SPORTS03/212050312/Colts-coach-Chuck-Pagano-concludes-final-round-chemotherapy?nclick_check=1

What a playoff story that would be.

Draft saved Draft deleted