1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Jim Harbaugh's first number

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 3, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If David Stern were running the NFL, that's probably what we'd get.

Don't see the Seahawks falling out of the picture, they have three home games left (one being the 49ers) and they play three sub-.500 teams.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Year in and year out, the Seahawks are the most overlooked team in the NFL. Not in the sense of being underrated, just plain forgotten.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Carroll backlash.

I think as bold as Harbaugh's move was this year with Kap, Carroll's move to Wilson over Flynn does not get enough attention after they signed Flynn to $10M/yr before this year. Maybe its because before last week the Hawks were 1-5 on the road, but that was quite a commitment to Wilson to make the highest paid backup in football.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8709812/brian-urlacher-chicago-bears-expected-miss-3-games-report-says

Not sure how I feel about this. Or if I care.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the Bears were going to be the No. 5 seed no matter what. This may seal that.

Then again, the Packers are so hobbled that it might not.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I have a bet with the wife that the Bears won't win more than 10 games. At this point, I'd just prefer the free lunch.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Father of Raiders' coach Dennis Allen passes away, per the Twitters:
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-oakland-raiders/raiders-talk/Dennis-Allens-father-passes-away-?blockID=809747&feedID=2539&awid=6955264224448941410-765

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think they finish 10-6.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Comes with playing in "Southeast Alaska" as Jimmie Johnson once put it.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If the Giants somehow blow the NFC East --- and I don't expect they will --- they should still get a wild card. The rest of the field is pretty weak. 9-7 should get you in the field.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If the Bears can beat the Packers at Soldier Field --- not unrealistic by any means --- they can win the NFC North.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports talks to the birth mother who gave Colin Kaepernick up for adoption. She has tried to contact him and has been at some games, but other than a couple of text messages he hasn't participated. He didn't talk for this article either.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--birth-mother-still-trying-to-connect-with-new-49ers-starting-qb-colin-kaepernick-052911423.html

I'm ambivalent. I knew it was coming, because his adoption is an oft-told tale. But it's obvious he wants no part of this, and it's just as obvious that the birth mom wants too much of the story. She has a Twitter feed where she mentions a special connection to Colin Kaepernick (though I don't know if she identifies herself as his birth mother).

This guy is certainly running the gantlet as far as odd off-field stories for an NFL quarterback go. Getting a career's worth in the last few weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted