1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13 Thread: Stevie Johnson won't forgive G-d for being a Steelers fan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Nov 30, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Or maybe we need to add a group of "superstars?"

Superstars are people who are known by non-football fans, and it is a small list.

If you add superstars to the mix, then your Andre Johnsons, Roddy Whites, Grant Jennings, Reggie Waynes and the like are stars.

And back to what started this, no way is the NFL letting Johnson play just so he can be in a game on Thursday night. How many people will base their decision of watching the game on Johnson's playing status?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_711761.html

And the complaining out of Pittsburgh gets louder. Except it isn't just Pittsburgh. Even Terrell Suggs of the Ravens is suggesting that James Harrison is being unfairly penalized. Of course, Suggs has drawn a few of those penalities himself, so that may be why he is speaking out.

The funny thing is that Mike Tomlin finally said this week that Harrison might have to adapt the way he plays. I just don't see that happening. He just doesn't seem to be capable of making a change even if he wanted to.

The part that jumped out to me was Harrison calling out the NFLPA. Yes, Harrison is an idiot, but he isn't wrong in asking where the player's association is on this issue.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Expand your mind a little.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Now Tomlin is getting stupid:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tomlin-Harrison-shouldn-t-be-fined-because-of-k?urn=nfl-290849

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That was a dumb quote by Tomlin. When I heard that soundbite yesterday, I cringed. It reminded me of the NBA lockout hen Sprewell and Ewing claimed they needed to feed their kids, like they were working some mill job. There's a reason Harrison shouldn't be fined -- remember when fines were reserved for guys who got away with something on the field that wasn't flagged? -- but that's not it.

6. 93Devil

Dumb quote, but this season is only 2/3rds over and who knows if these running fines will carry over until next year?

Will each player start with a clean slate each season?

Farrior and Ward got pretty vocal on this in the stories I have read, and hopefully the NFL will figure out you just cannot "wing it" from week to week on these rules.

Ward also had a very interesting thought that these confused refs could very easily blow a call in the playoffs and cost a team a win. A confused workforce (including refs) is not a productive workforce.

Tomlin is sticking up for his players, and the vets are sticking up for the young guys.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Who stuck up for Harrisons girlfriend?

8. 93Devil

Not what this is about.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Rapist, Doggie Style. Hey Kobe

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Well that sure got old very quickly.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Kinda anxious for Eagles v. Texans tonight;

Vick could throw for a mile; Schaub....a little less than a mile; Should be a very entertaining game.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I think it's nice that Vick gets to compete in the ratings with the second most reviled man in sports.

Draft saved Draft deleted