1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13 Thread: Stevie Johnson won't forgive G-d for being a Steelers fan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Are the Bears 40 points better than the Jets?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Did Hoodie tear the Jets' hearts out ten minutes into the game, last night?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I think they can play half as well and beat the Bears. I could be wrong but I still just don't believe in the Bears

You could never have a line with the Bears giving points, people would have loaded on New Engalnd. NE -3 or 4 makes it just close enough for people to consider the Bears and even out the money. My guess is the line ends up at 4.5

4. KP

KP Active Member

Cutler could throw for 350 yards and 4 TD, he could also throw for 125 and 4 INT.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I would take the Patriots giving two touchdowns. They're a machine and I imagine Belichick has had someone working on the Bears since last week (read somewhere during Thanksgiving week that someone was working on the Lions even as the rest of the team prepared for the Colts).

Plus, Hoodie vs. Lovie is the most lopsided battle of wits this side of Me vs. YGBFKM. :D :D :D

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If we go by comparative scores against the Pats. Guy, the Browns are 60 points better than the Jets. In the real game, that wasn't the case

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I think the Bears will keep it close until about midway through the third. By the end, though, it won't be close.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Of course, just following up on Ben's line of thinking.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

not really. what they know or at least what they are supposed to know is what the public is thinking. their job is to set a line that will get half the people on one team and half on the other. some of them know football, but i highly doubt any of them would know more pass blocking technique than Mark May or more about reading defenses than Troy Aikman.

Draft saved Draft deleted