1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Great point with your last sentence. He went across the whole field THEN threw a perfect strike (would have looked even better if the DB didn't lose his jock).

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

How misleading is it for SportsCenter to show the penalties numbers for NE and Baltimore last night with no explanation?

13 for 100 yards looks pretty bad, until you realize 30 came on personal fouls and 5 came on an offsides on the ensuing PAT. So really it was 10 for 65 yards. Much different story, and much closer to NE's 4 for 30. And simply pointing out a penalty discrepancy doesn't tell me anything. If they were illegal procedure, false starts, offsides, etc. it's not like those are judgment calls for the refs.

3. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

How about "complain with good reason"?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think the complaining in 1985 he's referring to was after Game 7 --- when the Cards lost 13-0 --- rather than after Game 6, when they lost on Dekinger's call.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I hate these discussions about the refs.

Everytime I hear a fan, coach, player complaining about refs, I think, and sometimes say, "Well how many games have you won because of the refs?"

Everyone loses 2-3 games each season because of the refs, but no one ever wins one because of them.

Amazing.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

courtesy of KSK
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Full of Shit

Full of Shit Member

Amen, brother.

I also hate the ridiculous argument to "let the players decide the game," which really means "you aren't supposed to penalize us for cheating if it's in the final two minutes. Only suckers play by the rules."

I also hate NHL coaches who bitch about refs based on a discrepancy in how many penalties they called on each time. Hey, maybe you COMMITTED more penalties, eh?

Rant over. We now return you to our normal programming.

:mad:

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I assume you're speaking of the 98-pound Kornheiser, our would-be Twain.

It's the extent of his sophistication as an analyst. On this program, anyway.

He is the worst of all times.

Really, it's the best he can do. Pray he doesn't talk about upstate New York or his golf game.

Draft saved Draft deleted