1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL week 13 and a half: Ravens vs. Packers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I remember when Ruben Mateo snapped his femur stepping on first base in 2000. Sounded like a shotgun went off. Broken femurs don't usually happen in the normal course of a game.

+1 on the motorcycle thing. My brother was driving a cycle and was hit by someone pulling out of a Sonic. He was in a wheelchair for (I think) six weeks. That was more than 15 years ago. Before that a neighbor kid got in a cycle wreck and was in a body cast for at least that long. I think medicine has progressed beyond body casts, but I never want to find out.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Chiefs and Raiders have shown they have a pulse. Give them credit. Hell, if both Pennsylvania teams miss the playoffs, the Raiders can say they had a lot to do with it.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No Ed Reed for the Ravens.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He has been dinged up. Except for getting run over once by Hines Ward, he was absolutely invisible last week.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Weird, weird year for the Raiders. 4-8, with wins against a division leader; a likely wild-card team and potential division leader; and the defending Super Bowl champs. Talk about playing the spoiler role to a T.
    On the flip side, I'm really disappointed all of these shitty teams have gotten unshitty all of the sudden. KC, Oakland, Washington, Carolina, even Tampa to some extent, have all shown a pulse the last three or four weeks. Hell, even the Lions are somewhat competitive when they're healthy. The league was a lot easier to figure out when a quarter of the teams sucked.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I love that the Seymour pick has the potential to be a mid-first-rounder.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Clay Matthews is a speedy beast.

8. Football_Bat

Basically there are 7 teams in the NFC with 6 playoff spots up for grabs.

x-New Orleans 12-0
    x-Minnesota 11-1
    xy-Arizona 8-4
    xy-Dallas 8-4
    y-Philadelphia 8-4
    z-Green Bay 7-4
    NY Giants 7-5
    -----
    Atlanta 6-6
    Chicago 5-7
    Carolina 5-7
    San Fran. 5-7
    Seattle 5-7

x-division leaders
    y-Dallas owns the NFC East divisional tiebreaker but Arizona owns the conference tiebreaker at the moment
    z-tonight's result pending

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

If this result holds up, the Dolphins would make the playoffs with a 4-0 finish and one more loss (or tie) by the Ravens.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

The Pittsburgh game aside, KC's still pretty shitty

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Chiefs were shitty that day, too. The Steelers were just worse.

12. Football_Bat

In my above posting, Dallas could easily be the odd team out. They lose head-to-head tiebreakers to both the Giants and Packers. They're looking at beating the Beagles in Week 17 again to make the tournament. We all know how that'll wind up. The next big post-Thanksgiving win the Cowboys have will be their first since Larry Brown's XXX-cellent performance.

Draft saved Draft deleted