1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The Lions beat themselves all the time

misterbc likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Cowboys S&C coach had a medical issue at practice today and was sent to hospital. It appears he'll be OK, but Cowboys cancelled practice this morning. On a short week with a Turkey Day game that cannot be good.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Week 12 - If you like sex with just your wife, this week is for you!

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Moving this game back that far disrupts the schedule for two weeks. The Ravens are scheduled for next Thursday night as well. It also screws the Steelers again, giving them a short week next week heading into the final stretch of the season. If there were still two byes in the AFC, I would think at least Pittsburgh has a great shot at one of those, but I don't think they are finishing ahead of the Chiefs. Kansas City could easily win out to go 15-1. (How the hell are the Bucs favored over the Chiefs?) As I understand it, the only way the Steelers would get the tiebreaker over Kansas City if both are 15-1 is if the Steelers' loss comes against Washington.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Ah, didn't realize the Ravens were next Thursday night. Normally they do the Thursday-Thursday thing to the Cowboys, which is who I realize they are playing, never mind.

That said, I could see them doing Tuesday-Tuesday or Tuesday-Monday for the Ravens, especially since the Ravens are the Monday Night game in Week 14 (vs. the Bills).

Or we just break the glass on playing games in Week 18.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Just move Ravens-Steelers to Sunday at 1 or 4 and give it to NBC.
    Sure, it screws NBC out of a highly rated Thanksgiving night game, but if the league and the union are really sincere when they say player health is the top priority, they'll do it.
    I remain amazed that there is no evidence of viral spread during games. You'd think that the Titans would be in the midst of another outbreak right now. But as far as we know, they're not.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Speaking of Suzy Kolber, Joe Namath isn’t getting the benefits he deserves

8. outofplace

I think that is what they will end up doing. I'm trying to look at the potential bright side for the Steelers. JuJu Smith-Schuster and Joe Haden both left Sunday's game against the Jaguars with injuries. Mike Tomlin said neither was serious, but Haden sat out practice today and Smith-Schuster was limited. I'm guessing neither will be ready to go Thursday, but maybe a few extra days gets them back on the field Sunday.

Smith-Schuster's injury is particularly frustrating. He hurt his foot stepping on the ball in an official's flag.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Does Jeff Triplette have an alibi?

playthrough and Michael_ Gee like this.
  11. outofplace

I had forgotten it was Triplette who temporarily blinded Orlando Brown. Triplette really did have a talent for fucking up and getting away with it.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He and Phil Luckett are almost single-handedly responsible for the modern NFL replay system, and not in a good way.

Draft saved Draft deleted