1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12: The pride of Mr. John Brodie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Nov 23, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. If there was no changing out Detroit the past two decades, there will be no changing out Dallas.

And it definitely would be better if there would have been an AFC home team because as it is, the interconference matchups now for Detroit and Dallas are limited to four teams each based on the current rotation:

The last time Miami played in Dallas was 2003 ... on Thanksgiving.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Back, back, back in the day, the reason the Cowboys game took off as an attraction was that they played the Redskins almost every year, a nifty divisional rivalry. And of course, the Packers played the Lions every year until I think 1968. In an ideal universe, the Lions would play an NFC Central team each year, some AFC team would host a divisional rival every year at 4 p.m., and THEN the Cowboys could host their game against whomever on the NFL Network at night.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks the middle game is going to be awful obviously hasn't watched the Fish of late. They had the Giants beat in Jersey and have won their last three ... not against good teams, mind you, but they looked impressive in all three, especially on defense.

4. derwood

derwood Active Member

Chiefs claim Orton.

5. Plus the Romo factor.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

If you don't have anything nice to say ...

Anywho, all three games today have the potential to be great.

Ben, I thought you'd at least love the fact they keep showing Leon Lett's gaffe against the Fins as a plus, even though it means seeing that Blue Star on your TV screen.

The Dolphins have been in almost every game this year. They kept blowing fourth-quarter leads (See the Giants game). It's going to be a lot closer than many think.

I hope it's not, but I think it will.

7. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Not sure why people think Miami-Dallas will suck. I guess it could, but Miami is red hot and Dallas is absolutely capable of losing this game.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Considering what we're usually dished up for Thanksgiving games, I would say we have two "A" games and one solid "B"

I'll take more Thanksgiving schedules like this one any day of the week.

I think usually they're content to give us shit because they know we'll watch anyways....

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Alabama-LSU game called to say it thinks the Packers-Lions game could use some offense.

10. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Packers offense looks horrible.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Buh-bye, Suh. Yes, the rules apply to you also.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. Very dumb choice by Suh. Good call by the officials.

Draft saved Draft deleted