1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12: The pride of Mr. John Brodie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Nov 23, 2011.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I'm a Lions fan and I think GB will win by a touchdown. Cowboys will win by 10 minimum and Ravens will edge 49ers by 3.

2. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

I'm really looking forward to a great day of football. But watching Dallas-Miami will be worse than Texas-aTm

3. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

It's a sad state of affairs for the AFC West that Pioli and Haley apparently think the season is still salvageable.

4. sportbook

sportbook Member

Saw a stat today that the Ravens have already played the top-rated defense, the second-ranked defense twice, as well as the third-, sixth-, and seventh-ranked defenses. They will finish the regular season with 10 or 11 games against top-10 defenses (total yards). Surprisingly, the Ravens have scored 28-or-more points in six of 10 games, tied for second behind the Packers (7 times).

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

How many defensive touchdowns, or FGs set up y positive field position?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is definitely a part of it, but when Flacco is on, that offense is very, very good. The problem is that you can't count on Flacco to be consistent.

7. That 1 Guy

That 1 Guy Member

Does that kid have a moustache?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I just changed my picks.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Top and bottom, yes . . . but the cream in the Oreo cookie is dreck. It's time to start rotating the late afternoon Turkey Day game, and quit blowing the Cowboys, who hardly need it and don't deserve it, given their asshole, meddling owner and their fairweather, frontrunning fan base.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I dunno, Ben. Seeing as how the Cowboys got the Thanksgiving game in the first place only because no other NFL team wanted it, I think it's fair they get to keep their tradition. Way back during the merger, some AFC team should've volunteered for the mission, so that we wouldn't have to have one interconference game out of the two each year for the networks' sake, but they didn't.

11. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

A division leader and a team that's won three straight? I don't disagree with any insult you lobbed at the Cowboys, but I wouldn't quite dismiss that game as dreck.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The Cowboys are as good a bet as any in the league to have a pretty good team, year in and year out.

Draft saved Draft deleted