1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12: Pigskin with all the fixings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Spartan Squad, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's Thanksgiving football time. It's a short week and we didn't get enough time to recover from the change of football for all time, but here we are. Atlanta/Saints might try to make it two weeks in a row we get two teams scoring 50 points.

After that, hopefully we'll start to get a clearer picture for the playoffs with five AFC teams tied for the last wild card spot at 5-5 with one team at 4-6 still in the hunt.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If no defense is the future of football, you can keep the change.

Cowboys losing to Colt McCoy and the Redskins at home is the lockiest of locks.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is the future change of football for all time just like the wildcat was changing the landscape of football for all time. Or the mobile quarterback was going to change football for all time. Or every other change for all time. Defenses will adjust (as much as they can under the given rules).

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is different, they aren’t allowed to play defense.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A semblance of balance between offense and defense could be restored simply by extending the bump-the-receiver zone from five yards off the line of scrimmage to 10 yards.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ever since the 80s the league has been doing everything it can to increase passing, which leads to more QBs getting sacked and hurt. Any move that would enourage teams to run more, such as ruling that the QB is a ball carrier as soon as he leaves the pocket (defined as between the tackles from the scrimmage line back), or like Gee said - allow more contact of receivers off the snap would be good.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Allowing more contact between receivers and secondary would also reduce the dangerous hits on receivers by defenders trying to knock balls loose.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

My best Thanksgiving moment
    I was working in Marquette, which has more Packers fans than Lions fans
    I was at a friend’s house and we were watching the Lions and the Bears
    The cook announced the turkey was ready
    I said: “Please wait. The game is going into overtime.”
    Not even five minutes later, after Dave Williams returned the opening kickoff for the winning Bears touchdown, I announced: “Serve the turkey!”

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Why the hell isnt there an NFL Thanksgiving Morning game from London?

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Didn’t they have a Canadian Thanksgiving game there? Or at least the day before

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They could kick off a game from London at 9 am for all the turkey roasters.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You want to allow more D? NO MORE HOLDING!! I hate that grabbing; learn to block without grabbing; Munoz/Hannah/Boselli did it

Draft saved Draft deleted