1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Nov 19, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Single-handedly kicking my ass.

2. Vince Lombardi is throwing up in the Great Beyond.
    Boy, does GB suck.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Roethlisberger played a shitty first 3 quarters, but he's played unbelievable in the 4th to bring the Steelers back. Also, of the 3 INT's he threw, one was his fault, the other was a questionable decision, but one of them was all on the receiver.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Green Bay sucks? or the Great Beyond sucks? :D

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

And that's a problem how? :D

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Wow, B.Edwards almost comes down with a tipped ball at the corner of the endzone that would've won the game for the Browns.
    Final score: Steelers 24, Browns 20

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've got no dog in this race but that was really funny.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

How'd you know??

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought the one right before the end of the first half was at least part his fault. Yes, it Wilson had his hands on it, but it was a terrible throw low and behind him.

But they got away with it. No matter how frustrated I am watching the Steelers go from Super Bowl champions to missing the playoffs, I continue to find consolation in the fact that I am not a Browns fan. That one must have been especially painful. :)

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, and I believe it is now time for what has become a weekly rant about the officials' cluelessness regarding the NFL's new focus on calling penalties when a quarterback is hit below the waist.

A Browns defender accidently rolls into Roethlisberger's leg just below the knee after he has thrown the ball today. No call. A week ago Steelers' defensive end Aaron Smith falls at the feet of Drew Brees with his right arm landing on the FOOT of Brees. It was called roughing the passer.

That's almost as disgraceful as the Steelers' special teams.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Can't have it both ways.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

You're right, it is fucking bullshit. How's a concussed guy supposed to jump into the stands if he doesn't have help from his teammates? Trent had a 45-inch vertical before Week 1. Now he needs a boost. Yet another reason to fine Robert Geathers.

Two notes on the Raiders-KC game:
    1. Aaron Brooks turned into Aaron Brooks at just the right time.
    2. Dear Herm: if the aforementioned Mr. Green is indeed fully healthy, then open up the offense. Starting quarterbacks are going to get hit. This one-dimensional crap barely worked against Oakland. It's the formula for a 14-point loss against Denver.

Draft saved Draft deleted