1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Nov 19, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This was the easiest game to predict. The Giants are thisclose from starting Jumbo Elliott, LT, Harry Carson, Tom Landry and Frank Gifford. Playing a good blitz-happy defense in their stadium, there was no shot that Big Blue was going to win this game.

I wonder why the Giants aren't utilizing Shockey more. Shockey's the only receiver who can make teams pay for doubling Burress.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, except now we're going to have a Thursday game every week from Thanksgiving on, right? NFL Network games, I believe.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It's hard to focus on this game when the whole world is at stake...does anyone know if that cheerleader got saved?

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jack DelRio proving why coaches shouldn't wear suits.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I dunno, I think he looks pretty good.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

"This is your captain, Jack Del Rio, speaking. We're about 20 minutes from landing in Jacksonville. The weather is a balmy 67 degrees. Thank you for flying Jet Blue, and we'll see you on the ground..."

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think I read your sarcasm font, but actually, yes, she was saved. But not before another one got killed.

And it's a hell of a lot better show than the Giants-Jaguars.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Goddammit! How about a spoiler alert? :mad:

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I actually like it. It's old school. I don't know why, but it reminds me of Hank Stram on NFL Films.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I liked the idea of coaches wearing suits. It looked pretty natural on Mike Nolan. But it doesn't work on DelRio.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Think the Giants would like to rescind that great draft day deal of Phillip Rivers and picks (didn't one of them become Shawn Mer-roid-man?) for Eli (not his brother, or his father) Manning?

Draft saved Draft deleted