1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Running Thread: Chiefs-Rams Going Back to Cali

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Nov 13, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The stalwarts of the 2018 Rams offense - Gurley, Woods, Cooks (Kupp) had one td last night.. and the rams had a 50 burger.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

When scoring td's becomes automatic then I will agree with this. The Chiefs got the ball back with 2 timeouts and only needing a field goal, if scoring was as automatic as you make it out to be that game should have at the very least gone to overtime, no?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I normally agree with this but last night by running Gurley they would have made KC burn their timeouts and Gurley is the best back in the league.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One guy on defense had two touchdowns. The Rams showed us the only way left to play defense in the NFL last night. Turnovers and scores are what count. Forget yards allowed, or even points allowed. Your job is to turn in big plays, just like the offense does.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I always like the aggressive approach there. One first down wins it for the Rams, and McVay recognized like all of us that his defense had given up 51 points and would have a hard time stopping the Chiefs. And, on the flip side, their defense couldn't stop his team either.
    So why not run a couple of relatively safe passes and try to get a first down? The second down play was a great call, just well-defensed. If it's not knocked down the receiver was open and probably gains at least 15 yards and the game is over.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Rams' defense forced five turnovers, scored two touchdowns of its own, and STILL gave up almost 600 yards and 45 points (not counting KC's defensive touchdown). That seems impossible.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Maybe it's nitpicking to carp about the TV production after such an on-field classic, but those three still suck. I think it was the fourth quarter when Tessitore mentioned that the NFL would absolutely be going back to Mexico City next year. Who gives a flip? Do you have to carry the bucket for the league at that moment? And showing cheering fans in a Mexico City Buffalo Wild Wings was silly. "Look, the fans down there really do care!"

Great game that was unfortunately on MNF instead of SNF from a TV standpoint.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I forget who posted it, and it even might have been here, otherwise Twitter, but it was said that the Witten for Gruden trade was the rare deal that hurt three teams.

9. poindexter

Again, I am not convinced everything was right with Gurley last night.
    Since there was a false start to begin, they would have needed 15 yards.
    KC still had to burn two of their three timeouts.

10. poindexter

Not just once. At least twice.

11. poindexter

Hecker's punt at the end was fantastic.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

After the second shot of the bar I started to think it was staged. You can't tell me the Rams jerseys weren't fresh out of the box.

Draft saved Draft deleted