1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL week 11: Norm Van Brocklin, because 550 will never be touched

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Sounds about right.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Skol, Vikings!

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I had to listen to that twice to prolong the trip back to childhood. And listening closely to the lyrics, it was a much deeper song than I realized as a kid.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The only thing that sucks about the Bears decent season (thus far) is Lovie Smith most likely being retained for another year. I think they make the playoffs, too.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The fact that Carolina is starting him this week is borderline irresponsible. How the hell do you start a guy who wasn't on your team last week? I hope he has COBRA in case his health insurance takes 30 days to kick in. The Ravens defense might be running on the fumes of glories past, but it won't matter much to St. Pierre if Haloti Ngata gets loose on one play and tears him in half.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Memo to BYH: Jaguars avoid blackout for sixth home game this season. 6-for-6.
    Teams that can't make that claim: Oakland, Buffalo, San Diego, Tampa, Detroit (if I'm not mistaken).

But by all means, continue to float the L.A. Jaguars rumor, despite the fact that L.A. has the distinction of losing two NFL teams in one year (1995, when Raiders and Rams beat feet out of town).

7. Machine Head

Sidney Rice will play today for the Vikings.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Chiefs taking out some frustration on the Cardinals this week after the Destruction in Denver last week.

Up 14-3 early 2nd.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Just ran into OOP at Wal-Mart:

[​IMG]

10. Machine Head

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

ODIN!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Interesting development in Pittsburgh. Big Ben says something to Richard Seymour after a Steeler touchdown, then Seymour turns around and decks him. Seymour has been ejected.
    Somewhere, hundreds of NOW members erupted into applause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.