1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Joe Kapp lets it all hang out edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

OK, someone came on here and made the Jets-Pats his 5-star platinum lock of the year, but last I checked there were other games on the docket too.

Does Jacksonville become the first team to knock off the Titans?

How cold will it be at Lambeau for the Pack-Bears?

Are the Ravens good enough to knock off the Giants?

And what Dallas team will show up against the Redskins?

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

30s with a few snow showers.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No.

Likely bitter cold.

No.

The bad one. Hopefully.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Nope.

Colder than the beer in Bubbler's icebox.

I believe it could happen. I mean they lost to Cleveland! :D

I'm putting this out there, just to stir this mother up. Dallas wins on Sunday night and starts the turnaround only to lose in the first round of the playoffs :D </end dallascowboysfanboi>

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Cold enough to harden Joe Kapp's nipples.

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I have no idea which Dallas team shows up, though - in theory - they should be better with Romo. But, a point that has been made elsewhere, they started nosediving before the injury.

What I've found interesting about the Skins is that the bye week essentially didn't help at all. Portis is still dealing with a knee injury and is questionable (pending someone saying differently today), Moss's hamstring is still acting up, they still don't have a dependable No. 3 or lower WR... Not to say that time off is sometime of cure-all, but it's curious that they seem to be just as injured as when they stepped off the field a week ago.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No.
    Cold.
    Yes.
    The Bad one.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Brandon Jacobs 6'4" 260 v. Ray Lewis 6'1" 250, that's worth watching.

They do have a shot. The Giants offense may play the Ravens defense to a draw, but the Ravens offense can't beat the Giants defense. If the Giants can get to the secondary or sucker the Ravens on screens, then the Giants can score enough to beat the Ravens.

The Redskins are somewhat over rated, their defense is 24th in sacks and 21st in INTs. Meanwhile Campbell may only have 2 INTs all year but he's been sacked 23 times, 5th most in the NFL and only has 8 TD passes. He holds the ball too long, better to take a sack than an INT, but better to throw it away than get sacked. I think he's too worried about his completion %. OTOH Dallas just plain sucks.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Weren't we saying the same thing about the Giants at this time last year? Just saying.

Nothing's over until a team is out of the playoffs or raising the hardware. You should know better than to be that dismissive.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

If Portis doesn't play, the Cowboys will win by 17.

If Orton doesn't play, the Packers will win by 14.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Shouldn't we save the "letting it all hang out" version of the NFL thread for the Mike Singletary edition?

12. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

We'll never get to 50 threads.

Draft saved Draft deleted