1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Greg Landry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 12, 2012.

1. I look for Leftwich to come out throwing to set up the run. Nothing crazy . . . five yard passes, maybe a fly route to Wallace, but they have to stop the Ravens from stacking the box. Pittsburgh's run game is much better when the defense is a bit off balance. Even though Baltimore's run defense is shit this season, they can stop it if they know it's coming. I'm sure by the end of the week I'll convince myself the Steelers will win.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is going to shock and flummox everybody, but apparently New York Jets players believe their backup quarterback leaves something to be desired.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/tebow-terrible-jets-mates-rip-qb-article-1.1201722

“He’s terrible,” a defensive starter told the Daily News.

===

When asked about the team’s two other quarterbacks on the depth chart as possible alternatives — Tebow and Greg McElroy — Slauson clarified that the Jets really have only one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an athlete,” Slauson said.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Drama queen faker!

RT@EdBouchette: #Steelers Ben Roethlisberger has a rare rib injury that could kill him by pressing against his aorta. Too big risk. Has to wait until heals

4. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

The thought of another pending Raiders embarrassment reminds me, what exactly did the Bengals get in return for Carson Palmer?

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Good story out of Dallas:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/11/teary-eyed-mother-who-lost-everything-in-a-house-fire-shows-up-in-lancaster-to-say-thanks-to-cowboys-lb-demarcus-ware-for-his-generosity.html/

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The benefits of not having Carson Palmer at QB?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I give Tomlin a lot of credit for how they handle things. He's a hell of a coach.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Palmer has been just fine. He is extremely slow in the pocket, but other than that he is a good quarterback. The arm strength is still there. The Jets, for instance, would be a hell of a lot better off with him. Quite a few other teams would be, too.

To answer the question, the Bengals got a first-round pick in 2012 and a second-round pick in 2013 that becomes a first-rounder if the Raiders reach the AFC championship game LOLZ

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If they are going to come out with Leftwich throwing, it can't just be the short stuff. What he does best is throw the ball down the field. The problem there is I don't think the Steelers can give him enough time to do it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-quarterback-has-rare-potentially-dangerous-rib-injury-662035/

After reading this, I don't think we're going to see Roethlisberger out there for a while and I doubt this team sneaks into the playoffs without him. Pissing away those games against the Raiders and Titans might leave the Steelers at home come playoff time after all.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

So far, that's CB Dre Kirkpatrick (17th overall), who has appeared in two games and has one tackle and no pass breakups.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Crickets.

A year ago, this would have spawned 20 pages here by lunch time.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I don't understand why that article was even written. It sheds no light, but allows a player who doesn't even play get savaged by his teammates. What a disgrace.

Draft saved Draft deleted