1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 10: Bobby Douglass begat Jim Zorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's going to even out at some point. Marshall has been one of the best receivers in the league this season and when you have a receiver like him who provides such a physical mismatch with so many defensive backs, you have to go to him.

I don't expect Marshall to have a game like he did against the Titans. With the Bears line and Houston's defensive front, you're going to have to run the ball to keep Watt from knocking Cutler around.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

I don't get it. What makes Houston a fraud? I think the Texans are one of the most complete teams in the league. And Watt is the kind of player who can dominate a game.

3. I'll take that bet.

And I'm with Joe, what makes the Texans team a fraud? They seem to have all the components of a super bowl-caliber team.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. The Steelers have already shit themselves twice against bad teams, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it again.

They are playing better than they were a few weeks ago. The defense has adjusted to playing without Polamalu. Part of that is getting the other starters back, though James Harrison doesn't look good at all. Maybe it is age. Maybe it is the knee injury. Either way, that ability to bull rush through blockers just isn't there.

Of course, a huge reason the Steelers' defense leads the league in fewest yards allowed is an offense that keeps them off the field. They were doing that even before the running game got going.

5. turski7

turski7 Member

Don't know about that. The Bears horrid offensive line can't block anyone, and I don't see the line stepping up with Watt and Co. coming in. Unless Cutler goes to three-step drops, he's going to be in for a long night.

6. Mizzougrad96

OK, fraud was a bit much... It does become a little hard to take a team seriously as a Super Bowl contender when the Packers have their backup running back running out the clock for most of the fourth quarter.

I know they have a couple pretty good wins (Broncos, Ravens...).

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The flex scheduling doesn't apply to Monday nights. It would be too stinkin' hard to move games from one day to another. I know it's been done a few times over the years, but it's usually because of some natural disaster.

Affects too many people (stadium workers, security, fans, players, coaches broadcasters and on and on). You can deal with moving a game from 1 pm to 7 pm, but that's a lot different than shifting days.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Except that they cannot seem to play well and/or win when all the eyes are on them. That scares me about the game this weekend.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yes.

These fuckers know how to keep you up on a work night.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Weren't we saying the same things before they played Tennessee?

11. Mizzougrad96

It usually seems like in the NFL, what looks like a mismatch goes a lot differently if it's against a division rival. If it's a team they're not as familiar with, the chances that they play down to their opponent seem to go up a lot...

I think the Chiefs-Steelers will be a lot closer than people think, or at least it will be close early before the Steelers hit their groove in the second half.

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted