1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread: Warren Moon hearts Cam Newton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It sucks... I'm not a Colts fan, but I respect Manning, and this is another one of Favre's records (consecutive starts) that I will be sorry that he no longer has a shot at breaking.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

LOL. At least we get that out of the way early, though this week will be unbearable between the needlessly melodramatic and patronizing 9/11 tributes and stories and the Ray Lewis-Hines Ward trash talking circle jerk, I may not watch television.

And I agree, I can't stand those Primanti's sandwiches.

3. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

If he plays a month it's impossible to be within a game of .500 unless you count right at .500. 0-4, 1-3, 2-2, 3-1, 4-0.

/endsuperpickypost

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that sports books make half their annual profits the opening three weeks of the NFL season.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

One argument against that is weak Colts running game.

6. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Completely unrelated, but I don't think I can ever think of WrestleMania VI the same again after seeing that avatar. So thanks for that.

And, to be superduperpicky, you can play five games in a month's time (my ignorance on this year's bye-week schedule notwithstanding). So maybe he's thinking 2-3 or 3-2? I would imagine Indy would be happy with either.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

How come the Colts didn't sign Tee Martin?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, Davis has won a few Super Bowls. The only thing Brown won was the Genetic Bowl.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Read a cool quote by Sean Payton; he told Mark Ingram that he's not at Alabama and playing against Kent State, doesn't have a half to get acclimated with the Pack.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I did this on the NFL QB experience for tomorrow's paper.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Petrie

Petrie Guest

That was well struck.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Reading this I'm reminded of the exchange with a Colts assistant somebody posted about the Colts' back-up QB never getting any snaps in practice.

"What happens if Manning gets hurt?"

"We're fucked."

"Well shouldn't you be giving your back-up some snaps in case he does get hurt?"

"Why should be practice being fucked?"

Draft saved Draft deleted