1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jul 22, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He knows. He's just playing a silly game of semantics.

If you want to buy season tickets for the regular season, you are forced to buy tickets to preseason games as well.

And people think I'm the argumentative one around here. (Oh, I am, but still).

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What is dumb? I'm curious. Which side is dumb or are they both dumb?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"If" and "want" are the key word here.

I am not trolling. I am just surprised at the number of people who do not understand the basic laws of supply and demand.

Season tickets cost what they cost. Buy them or don't. Me, I would never buy season tickets. But if you buy them, you are not being forced to take the exhibition games. You are choosing to take the exhibition games.

Incredibly simple concept.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I understand the concept just fine and I'm guessing Baron does, too. I just see it differently than you do and I think you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

I don't think it is unfair at all to say purchase of the preseason game tickets is forced upon those who wish to purchase regular season games. If they were given an option to just purchase the regular season ones, then it would be in appropriate.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

It's real simple, if you wish to buy season tickets, you are forced to pay for the exhibition games. Nobody is forced to buy the season tickets in the first place. Both points I made in my original post. Nothing semantic about it.

6. LongTimeListener

"If, "wish" and "forced" are not typically words that go together well. And in this case, they don't.

Anyway, back to capitalism and the laws of supply and demand ...

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

They work just fine. You are a tool works fine, too.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you don't want to pay for the exhibition games and still want to go to every game? Stub Hub.

9. LongTimeListener

It's a bit vague, and "you are a tool" should be in quotes. Otherwise you are saying I am a tool works. And what is a tool works?

10. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

It's dumb that Chip Kelly thinks NFL players will be able to hold up over an entire season running 70-plus plays, or that his defense won't openly revolt when they get approximately 2 mins of rest during a close game when the offense throws three straight incompletions, but it's also dumb that the NFL has such a hard on for conformity that they will blatantly slow the game down instead of having the officials serve the players when they are ready to snap the ball, which is how it should be.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don't know, but you sure as hell are one!

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted