1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL to allow Nolan to wear suit on sideline

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by tommyp, Nov 16, 2006.

1. tommyp

tommyp Member

Don't know if this already has been posted, but I just found this out:

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=280174

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

About freakin' time.

3. tommyp

tommyp Member

I also read in an ESPN.com article that Del Rio is being allowed to do the same.

Isn't it ironic that Del Rio's on MNF this coming week.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Why wouldn't the NFL want this? Think of it, The Men's Wearhouse sponsors the NFL.

TMW slogan: You're going to like the way you look. I guarantee it!

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I noticed earlier this year that the NFL started hawking official team ties.

I wonder if the coaches who don the jacket will be forced to wear the team tie?

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

At least they won't be looking like Bellicheck anymore...

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

How are you going to put a hideous looking Reebok logo on a suit?

8. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

Hopefully, on the inside.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Good god almighty.

Next thing you know, this damn league is actually going to allow them to wear matching cuff links (emblazoned with appropriate logo, of course).

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

NFLshop.com already sells officially-licensed sport coats...

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2505364&cp=2237411.2237619.2415580&parentPage=family

[​IMG]

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Stories like this are what I hate about the NFL. I think it stinks that Nolan had to cut through eight miles of red tape just to wear a suit. I think it's stupid that Jake Plummer got pinched because he simply wanted to wear the Tillman sticker on his helmet for the entire season -- after the NFL mandated that ALL teams could wear it for one week. I think it's stupid that a borderline illegal hit on Trent Green goes unfined and unpunished, but Chad Johnson is dinged for 5K because of the "Ocho Cinco" thing, which was utterly hilarious, by the way. Finally, I think the NFL needs to worry more about keeping players safe -- see Green and T.J. Houshmenzadah (sp) -- than whether or not a coach can wear perfectly respectable attire on the sideline.

Draft saved Draft deleted