1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Running Thread Week 4 -- Who is this Kevin Kolb guy?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Big talk here in DC centers on Michael Vick vs. Donovan McNabb. Of course it wasn't long ago everyone thought the storyline would be different. One Redskins fan I know expects Vick to just torch the Skins. I'd say this game would be a shootout, but the Redskins' offense is terrible and Mike Shanahan is reaffirming my belief that he's among the most overrated coaches in the game. But that's just me.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Make that two Redskins fans you know. That defense is awful. Way too much running room for the opposing defense. Bodes kinda well for guys like Vick, Maclin, Jackson and McCoy.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Poor Kevin Kolb. Gets his golden chance and gets Wally Pipped in his first game.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Peter King said in MMQB that if the season ended today, Vick would be his MVP.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, those 3-week seasons are great things.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sweet Jesus. Were I an NFL QB, all I'd want in this life is to be judged upon
    how I did against the Lions and Jaguars.

::) ??? ::)

7. JackReacher

Don't forget those two quarters against Green Bay. :)

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Cool ... this gives Mike Shanahan the chance to showcase his authority by firing another defensive coordinator. It will allow him to continue the tradition he honed in Denver.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. JackReacher

That would make him look like such a phony, though. Moreso than he already is. The 3-4 was HIS idea.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Hmmm. The three-week MVP is silly. But if you're going to do that, you might want to check out Peyton Manning's numbers through three games.

Sort of a good start for a guy who already has four MVPs.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They did it the day the team drafted him. Why stop now?

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'd like to think that they'd cheer him, especially given that he was traded - rather than leaving as a free agent per se. I know 2007-2009 seasons were not kind for McNabb, but what he did for them between 2000-2004 is undeniable.

Draft saved Draft deleted