1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Running Thread - Week 3 with Mark Moseley and Jeff Reed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Sep 21, 2010.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I believe he should be allowed to play, he's served his time. I just don't understand how anyone can hope he's successfull. There's something fundamentally fucked up for someone to be able to do what he did. He also treated a lot of people on his way up like absolute garbage.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wouldn't break my heart if he was wheeled off the field with knee ligaments looking like this:

[​IMG]

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

No.

Were there any left-footed barefoot kickers?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10265/1089294-66.stm

Heading into the battle of surprising undefeated teams in Tampa, the Steelers still aren't saying who their quarterback will be, Leftwich or Batch. Dixon is going to be out longer than expected with knee surgery.

At least whoever starts might make it through in once piece. Max Starks is expected to return at left tackle, as is Casey Hampton at nose tackle.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've defended my fandom of Vick on here enough. Some wish him well. Others, like yourself, don't. That's fine.

Wonder how many players were in Reid's ear about this decision? I think it's the right call, though.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I missed the defense. I could understand an Eagles fan rooting for him to do well so the team can do well. That is pretty much what Steelers fans are stuck doing with Roethlisberger when he returns. But beyond that, I just don't get it.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Huge VT fan. Always been a Vick fan. I believe in second chances.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Tony Franklin of the Eagles kicked barefoot.

9. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

After several adult beverages at a barbecue two weekends ago, I decided it would be a good idea to do some barefoot punting/placekicking. The next morning, my foot and its discoloration told me otherwise.

Don't know how those guys did it.

10. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Martin Mull kicked barefoot.

11. I think this is another case of shortsightedness of a coach. Of course, the win-today, to hell with tomorrow mentality is warrented with all of the coaching turnover in the NFL, but I would think Andy Reid is immune from that, being in Philly for so long. I just don't understand how you let public snap judgements effect a decision that was in the making all offseason and preseason. But, the best to them all. I hope it works out.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I definitely believe in second chances when they served their time. Especially the kind of time he served.

Draft saved Draft deleted