1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Running Thread - Week 3 with Mark Moseley and Jeff Reed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Sep 21, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True, but the Dolphins were still alive for a playoff berth heading into the final week of the season last year. The defense is ok. The offense should be better with the addition of Brandon Marshall. The key is Henne. The guy showed some promise late last season. Now we see if he can build on it.

Are the Bucs actually any good? They will be one or two big plays away from victory Sunday because the Steelers' offense sucks, so maybe they really can get to 3-0.

2. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

The Niners. They finish 9-7 and win that shitty-ass division....even after a 1-3 start (W at Kansas City, L at Atlanta)

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

After watching last night's game, despite the Niners losing, I'm convinced they win that division easily. The Seahawks, Rams and Cardinals are just awful. Hell. Alex Smith is probably the best QB in the NFC West. The opener was a fluke. San Francisco will destroy Seattle next time the teams meet. Bradford has looked good, but he'll come down to Earth when the Rams play somebody. Watching the Cardinals, all I can think is, "How much of a colossally awful player was Matt Leinart if the team was willing to take its chances with this stiff Derek Anderson?"

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Michael Vick named Eagles' permanent starting QB ... wow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5601286

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Please fail.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

There are powers at work here we mere mortals do not understand:

[​IMG]

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As a kid, I used to imitate kickers by kicking barefoot in my front yard. Hurt like hell. Never could figure out why other kickers did that.

And I always remember a cool SI photo showing a barefoot LSU kicker running a fake kick in, I think, the Orange Bowl, from the 1980s. Always wondered how the guy got tackled with a bare foot.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!

9. JimmyOlson

JimmyOlson Member

The good news for the Bills is that Ryan Fitzpatrick is now starting.

Wait, that's what qualifies as good news? Oh god, this team's screwed.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!
    (Too soon?)

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I can think of 2 of the 0-2 teams that have a better chance of making the playoffs than 3 of the 2-0 teams.

0-2 teams that get in; Dallas, San Francisco
    2-0 teams that get left out; Kansas City, Tampa, Chicago.

Houston is 2-0, but I don't feel real excited about them; Yes, if Schaub can continue to throw for an obscene 492 like Sunday @ Wash, they will be fine, but they are a Schaub or Johnson injury away from having the season go "right down the fucking drain" {teddy kgb}

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Thinking of barefoot kickers; Rich Karlis is the first that comes to mind right away.

Didn't Rafael Septien kick barefoot?

Draft saved Draft deleted