1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Running Thread - Week 3 with Mark Moseley and Jeff Reed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Sep 21, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Chicago fans are very excited about barely beating Detroit and winning a road game by 7 points with a +3 turnover ratio that included two fluky bounces in their favor.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If the Bears make the playoffs it will be a direct result of playing in a shitty division.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rick, since I would probably have bet at least a small sum of money the Bears wouldn't win two in a row at any point in the season, Bears fans are IMO entitled to their September enthusiasm. It'll be December soon enough in their world -- like before Halloween/

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I actually think the Bears (and I am a fanboi of them as well) are better than people are giving them credit for. Almost average team last year + Martz (whose teams have usually improved their offensive output when he took over) + healthy Urlacher = possible playoff team.

I just wish I could trust that Sunday's Cutler will show up 8-10 more times.

But neither win so far has left me feeling great.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It sickens me, as I hate the Bears, but I agree. I think they'll stick around after they get their asses handed to them by the Packers next Monday.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Tampa and KC might be OK? Spoken like a true baseball nerd.

The Dolphins will make the playoffs.

And while it's nice to see Cutler playing well in Martz's system, the offensive line will not be able to handle many of the teams on the schedule. Not every team will crumble at the slightest bit of adversity and throw up its hands when the opponent makes significant adjustments like the Cowboys did. Add a bad offensive line to the head coach inevitably costing the team a couple close games with his conservative approach and it's going to be another typical season — some highs, some lows, lots of swearing and a win total between 7 and 9. I do believe, however, that if the offense continues to make strides, Martz will be the next head coach.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I hope you hear Free Bird this week, over and over and over again, asshole!!!! :D

KC is in a terrible division. They're 2-0 and that's with Todd Haley being a dickhead about Jamaal Charles. Soon enough he'll start feeding him the ball. They have a good defense and great special teams. All it will take in the West is nine wins to win the division. I'm already on record saying the Chiefs will do it.

The Bucs are obviously in a tougher division, are lacking playmakers and beat two of the worst teams in football to get to 2-0. But who knows? Stranger things have happened. Like the Bears going from 5-11 to 11-5 in Lovie's second year OH YEAH HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT BITCH?!

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ha, that was a million years and blown third-and-longs ago. I think the Bucs may be the most improved team in the league this year, but they're still too young, and with the Saints and Falcons in that division, they're not sniffing the playoffs.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Who is playing QB for Tampa? We will also see how they do next week.

Miami has a very nice team with a nice offensive line.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not just weaker teams, but weaker quarterbacks. The Buccaneers have faced teams that started Jake Delhomme (Browns) and Matt Moore (Panthers) at quarterback. And those guys will watch as Seneca Wallace and Jimmy Clausen start for their teams this week.

And the good quarterback matchups continue for the Bucs, because Byron Leftwich might start for the Steelers this week.

We're guaranteed to fall from seven to five undefeated teams this week with the Packers-Bears and Steelers-Buccaneers on the schedule.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Donovan McNabb reminds you there is a small chance you will be wrong.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Tulane had a barefoot straight-on kicker in the 1980s, Vince Manalla, who used a thick rubber band looped under his toes and around his ankle, so he could kick with the underside of his toes. Swear to freaking God.

I kicked an extra point in Tulane's spring game with a sock on, and went barefoot to win the intramural FG contest with a boot of 49 yards. You could look it up. Somewhere.

I was intramural kicking champ at Tulane, booting a 49-yarder barefoot. The varsity had a straight-=

Draft saved Draft deleted