1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Running Thread - Week 3 with Mark Moseley and Jeff Reed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Sep 21, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

One was a straight-on kicker and one is a kicker who cannot walk in a straight line.

We will start the festivities with a side show in Jersey...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jets_wr_braylon_edwards_busted_in_hrRuX0jLRyTc274OQXAD7N

Edwards blows a .16.

Thankfully, Dallas enjoys another day without the total spotlight on them.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Moseley was the last of the straight-ahead kickers ... are there still any kickers at any level who kick barefoot? Tony Franklin wants to know.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Always wondered why anyone would kick without a freaking shoe on.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Barefoot Kickers is a great name for a band.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I never got it either, but it was all the rage in the late 70s and 1980s.

I can't think of any current kickers in the NFL who kick barefoot. Nor any in college.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, they felt they had better control of their kicks by doing it that way. Always sounded stupid to me, too.

And darn you for beating me to the thread, 93Devil. I was going to go with Jeff Reed, the REAL drunk, idiot kicker.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Moseley gave us the 82 (or 83?) MVP and Five Guys Burgers and Fries.

God bless that guy.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I want a straight-on, barefoot kicker. Now that would be a football player.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Posted this in the Week 2 thread but it should be here, regarding a team no one besides me and maybe two people care about:
    Is Brian Brohm really that bad where he stays as the emergency QB in Buffalo with Edwards getting benched? I know he lit it up at Louisville and he did nothing with the Pack (For good reason). Wasn't he the No. 2 QB in the nation in '08?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Which 0-2 team makes the playoffs?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not Buffalo. :D

The only ones really underachieving are Dallas and Minnesota. And they might actually be at their level, given the quality of coaching in both cities and the bad juju emanating from the Vikings.

Better question: Which 2-0 team doesn't make it? There's some not very good teams at 2-0: Tampa Bay, Chicago, Miami, Kansas City. Tampa and KC might end up OK in that second-year-with-a-new-coach kind of way, but Chicago and Miami? Bleeeech.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'd actually think that Miami is the best of that bunch. The problem is they're in the same division as the Jets and Patriots.

Draft saved Draft deleted