1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Preseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Aug 3, 2008.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Sounds like Chris Williams' back issues were known BEFORE the draft.

Is Jerry Angelo Dick Cheney?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I just heard about his surgery yesterday. The Bears are fucked. For all the talk about QB, the main reason the team fell apart last year is because the OL sucked. Damnit, season's over already. Crap.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Well said. I know I'm not the only one here that thinks this too. The NFL has gotten more boring the past five years or so.

I mean, I'll watch a team that I have a rooting interest in, but that's it. With baseball, I can watch any game, rooting interest or not.

But that may have more to do with having been a sportswriter. It's tougher to sit back and just watch sports in your offtime (since you watch so much on the job).

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'm exactly the opposite. I'll watch any football game rather than a random baseball game, unless it has a team I'm rooting for in it.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Chicago Tribune is reporting early November for Williams. Awesome.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-080808-chicago-bears-chris-williams-back,1,4431087.story

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Dolphins sign Pennington, 2 years, $11-mill

7. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Seriously, does Angelo just not care about the draft?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Charlie Batch broke a collarbone this week and will miss four to six weeks. Of course, I'm more curious to see if Polamalu can get -- and stay -- healthy for an entire season again. Because he was the best player on the field when he was on it during the Steelers' Super Bowl run.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How many is that in camp for the fish... 6?

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He probably starts ... but after how many weeks? Pennington's a sharp guy, but surely the offense isn't that vanilla. Is it?

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Right now, it's probably going to be a lot of handing off, and throwing when only completely neccesary.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Not even the best Chad under center for the Dolphins.

Draft saved Draft deleted