1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Preseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I wish this is what AP would've sent...rather than a 17-inch story that I whacked down to about 6.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You could soooo work for USA Today. Sapping the soul out of a story is what they do well!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. pallister

pallister Guest

The White Sox fell out of first place the day of the first preseason game. Coincidence? I think not. It's football season.

4. forever_town

Did that one year. That's a case when the cure is worse than the disease IMO.

I actually signed up to play fantasy football again this year. I didn't know what I was thinking.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Amen. :D

6. forever_town

You know what? Baseball sucks. No, it doesn't just suck. It fucking SWALLOWS, OK?

Now get off this damn thread and STFU </George Carlin if he weren't a baseball looser fan>

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Eagles OL admits severe depression is reason for missing camp ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Al..TTEplJ6PNgPy4X1urJxDubYF?slug=ap-eagles-andrews&prov=ap&type=lgns

8. forever_town

Just a couple of years ago, Chamique Holdsclaw misses a shit load of games for a "private" health-related condition. No one's talking. Everyone who gives two shits about the WNBA in Washington is freaking out thinking the worst. Then we find out she was battling depression.

Seems like there's still a stigma attached to the disease.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not seems. Is. It would be nice if that changed soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath until it does - if it ever does.

10. I don't know if it's a stigma, as much as it's just not understood, or taken very seriously. But are people ashamed about suffering from depression nowadays? I don't think so.

Seems like half the people I know have dealt with it more than once.

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

Football season is glorious. No reason to fear ridicule. Rock, lieslntx.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

T.Donaghy, P.Rose and A.Schlichter have each already booked thousands on this proposition.
    It's a lock.

Draft saved Draft deleted