1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Predictions - 2011

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Sep 3, 2010.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

As for the Packers, that offense is 1980s Chargers-like, but all this SB talk overlooks the fact that the defense completely sucked in 2008 and gave up 27 TDs in a playoff loss last season. I think GB wins the North going away, but I'm not sure the team is SB material.

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

NFC North champion: Chicago
    NFC West champion: 7-9 San Fran
    NFC East champion: Dallas
    NFC South champion: NO
    Wild Card: Minn
    Wild Card: NYG

AFC North champion: Balt
    AFC West champion: SD
    AFC East champion: NE
    AFC South champion: Indy
    Wild Card: Cincy
    Wild Card: Pitt

NFC Champion: Dallas (I hate to say that...)
    AFC Champion: Indy
    Super Bowl Champion: Indy

MVP: A. Peterson

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I predict the Vikings will not go undefeated

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Put the bong down! :D

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

And stop using it to smoke crack.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Another prediction: Kevin Kolb will be benched or on the injured list by mid-October. Steelers will go no better than 2-2 with Dennis Dixon, and that's only because of a tremendous defense.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If Roethlisberger plays to 2009 standards and Smith and Polamalu stay healthy, the Steelers are as good as any team in the NFL.

The team that wins the AFC North this season should win it all.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not sure I would go that far. First of all, there is a very good chance the Steelers start 1-3, a tough hole to dig themselves out of. I know the Bucs suck, but so does the Steelers' offense right now. I don't care how good the defense looks. They could still lose to anybody.

I don't see them standing much of a chance this week against the Titans or two weeks later against the Ravens with Dixon taking the snaps. I know they had a shot to beat Baltimore without Roethlisberger last year, but the offensive line is even worse now with Holmes gone, Colon out for the season and Max Starks hurting.

Starks has a high ankle sprain and they need him back fast. Scott looked terrible as his replacement. I'm also wondering how long Casey Hampton will be out with that hamstring injury. The defense held up just fine without him for half of a game, but it is a different unit with him in there.

Still, damn is it ever fun to watch Polamalu play again.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Thought this was worth resurrecting. Some interesting picks:

Seems our consensus coach of the year was.....Mike Singletary?

The Cowgirls,Vikings and Bolts screwed most everyone. A lot of misplaced love on the Bengals as well.

A lot of folks foresaw the disaster that was the NFC West. Rusty Shackelford actually called the 7-9 record (as well as the Bears winning their division) just the wrong team.

On the flipside, BYH gets flagged for putting 2 NFC West teams in the playoffs.

And the picks of the year go to Wendell Gee for the Panthers winning the NFC South and John Fox being coach of the year.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Just sayin..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Most accurate prediction on the thread.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Skol, Vikings!