1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Predictions - 2011

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Hey look, it's the grammar police.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Didn't PK pick the Bears to win it all last year?

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. spnited

spnited Active Member

I did see mention the other day on ESPN that the NFL is projecting a drop in attendance for the third consecutive season to its lowest level since 1998.
    And then the idiot owners are going to have a lockout next year?
    Way to kill the golden goose.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The golden goose is already dead. Too many homes in foreclosure. Too many people losing their jobs. The so-called economic recovery is a myth and fewer people have a lot of disposable income.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I agree there. I picked the Cardinals by default, because I just could not see picking any of the other three teams in that division. I would not pick them in any other division and 8-8 just might be good enough to win the NFC West.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

And the Giants and Jets are not sold out because in their new pleasure dome (without a roof) because they want a gazillion dollars for freaking PSLs in addition to triple the price it cost for a seat in the "old" building.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go that far, but I certainly don't think SI is right.

9. Mizzougrad96

Well, they have the rapist for 12 games now, so maybe it is possible.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

NFC North champion: Packers
    NFC West champion: 49ers
    NFC East champion: Eagles
    NFC South champion: Saints
    Wild Card: Cowboys
    Wild Card: Falcons

AFC North champion: Ravens
    AFC West champion: Chargers
    AFC East champion: Patriots
    AFC South champion: Colts
    Wild Card: Jets
    Wild Card: Texans

NFC Champion: Saints
    AFC Champion: Jets
    Super Bowl Champion: Saints

MVP: Brees
    Defensive player of the year: Revis
    Rookie of the Year: Ryan Mathews
    Coach of the Year: Rex Ryan
    First coach fired: Lovie or Fox

11. Mizzougrad96

I love the first coach fired because you have to find a team that has an owner who is crazy enough to make a move during the season. I think in almost every season, I'd go with whoever is coaching in Oakland.

I fully expect Lovie Smith to be fired after this season, but there is almost no way in hell the Bears would do it before then.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Predictions:

OOP will tell us all how great the Stillers are every time they win and whine about something being unfair when they lose.

93Devil will remind us all that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit and that the Steelers have six Super Bowl titles no matter what happens.

ProudPittsburgher will explain how great Primanti Brothers sandwhiches are and that anyone who doesn't like them or the Steelers is just a jealous hater.

BYH will at some point slobber on about how Jeff Fisher is better than Tony Dungy, Vince Lombardi, George Halas, Chuck Noll and Bill Walsh.

YBGFM will explain to us all how Jay Cutler is the second coming of Johnny Utah, only better.

RickStain will explain to us all how superior his knowledge of football is to ours and how Lovie Smith really is a great coach whose biggest problem is that he has less talent than Florida International.

Angola will whine about the Seahawks being screwed by refs in the Super Bowl against the Steelers - then claim he's been vindicated because the ref admitted he made some mistakes.

Starman will post an idiotic picture of the Joker from Batman movies with the caption "and here we go" then whine because the discussion "has turned political" when, on a thread about the greatest quarterback in Bills history someone brings up Jack Kemp!

Draft saved Draft deleted