1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoffs Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Chaz Batch weeps.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Also, Heath Miller was a quarterback in high school before moving to tight end at UVa. His college passing stats: 1 for 1, 20 yards, 1 TD. He's got to be on the list!

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of Lovie Smith?

A lot of Bears fans were ready to run him out of town before this season, and probably justifiably so after three years in a row without a playoff appearance after the Super Bowl in 2006. However, I'm one who always chooses stability over instability, all things being equal or nearly equal.

I know that there are some people here that are not impressed by Mike Martz, but that's a hell of a staff they've got there right now with all those former head coaches.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

How could anyone not be impressed with the Mike Martz offense right now? I'm just afraid he'll leave.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Don't feel like retyping my post from Sunday that speaks directly to your question, Dick, but to sum up, Lovie and the coaching staff have been great since midseason. Also, I said previously that Lovie at least earned the last year on his contract, and to your point about stability, I think the Bears would be smart to lock up he and Martz (and Tice) for a few more years. Of course, if the Bears get destroyed Sunday, I reserve the right to take out my frustrations on Lovie, Martz, Cutler, Staley the mascot, etc.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Be prepared to vent your frustration, YGBFKM.
    Packers 28, Bears 10

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

As he should. He's behind Dennis Dixon on that list even though Dixon is on IR.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not prepared to pick a winner, but the fact that the previous two Packers-Bears games were so close makes me think an 18-point margin of victory is unlikely to happen.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Jets 17, Steelers 13
    Packers 27, Bears 20

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Agreed. However, the Packers are playing so well right now I think the Bears need either a Rodgers injury or a Hester special in order to pull this one out. TWSS.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The Patriots and Saints were playing well heading into the playoffs, too.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Game won't be in a dome, will be on slow track natural field in what is likely to be cold weather at best and dreadful weather at worst. Bears defense isn't Atlanta's either. What's the over/under? I like the under anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted