1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoffs running thread (with poll)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 30, 2013.

?

Who wins the Super Bowl?

1. Seahawks

25 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Panthers

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. Eagles

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Packers

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 49ers

9 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. Saints

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Broncos

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
  8. Patriots

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. Bengals

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. Colts

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  11. Chiefs

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  12. Chargers

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

D'awwww, Girly Man refuses to watch the Super Bowl because his wittwe team lost.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/21/tom-brady-will-not-watch-the-super-bowl/

Fucking pussy...

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think it was Anthony Smith that talked shit.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It was Smith. That was part of what made it funny at the time, but also made it Brady's actions seem petty and small. Brady was already well on his way to the Hall of Fame, but he has to act like a jerk because some scrub dime back ran his mouth? Why bother?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Regarding the other question, I'm fairly certain the Steelers want no part of Hard Knocks. I am even more certain that the league doesn't give a damn and may force it on them anyway.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

I completely agree with this.
    Win and say little, lose and say even less.
    I enjoy hearing about class from an organization that employed Aaron Hernandez for three years.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This isn't the exactly appropriate thread, but I have to share. On ESPN about an hour ago, Jerome Bettis had a complaint, and I quote; "They're making a mockery of the Pro Bowl!"

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Too late!

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jags or Bills.... Maybe Cardinals.

I'd like to see the look on Coughlin's face if they asked him.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This Pro Bowl draft is painful. Nothing like spending three hours on a draft and opening up with the announcement that half the teams have already been selected.
    And having "analysis"? Ugh. This thing could have been fun. And quick.

Figure if it comes back next year they should take the "fantasy" aspect to the next level and players get $3,000 per fantasy point. With half put in the general pool to be divided evenly between all players on the team. Defenses collect $100,000 if they keep the other team below 30.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

Mark Rypien's daughter is herself a starting QB in the Lingerie Football League.
    This newsbreak has been brought to you by Fart.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's a good reason why we need a bye week before the Super Bowl. Can someone explain it to me?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So all the fans can take the trains in from back home.

Actually I don't mind it. If it lets everybody be that much closer to full strength and have a full week to game-plan, it's worth the trouble. And as a corporate event, it would be very difficult to pull off on short notice for the teams and interested companies involved.

Draft saved Draft deleted