1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hell, Mason Crosby nailed a couple yesterday for Green Bay. Granted, it was in a dome, but still a good confidence booster.

Kickers go hot and cold. Too late in the year to be making personnel changes. You dance with who brung ya.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The Texans are playing this year's 1995-97-2003 Chiefs. Great record but discord in December followed by a home flameout.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Maybe Schaub gets hurt and they can turn to the QB who has actually won a playoff game :)

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Tell that to the 1998(?) 15-1 Vikings with Gary Anderson (perfect in the regular season); or the Chargers with Kaeding (pretty close to perfect in what 2009?)

Wish there was some old Matt Bahr/Stover type hanging around who might not have the leg for 50+ but who could nail the under 44s without a doubt.

Akers looks like Ian Baker-Finch on the tee right now; just hoping it goes right. When you miss a 21 ydr low? Even blocked, that was low.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I was on the sidelines, camera in hand, under the left goalpost that Anderson missed wide left in the 1998 NFC title game. He took the goat mantle but the offense did him no favors. Robert Smith going out of bounds multiple times on that final drive with the Vikings up 7.

That was also the only game I was challenged to a fight in the parking lot by the home team's fans. Sliding around downtown MPLS after the disappointment in the city was surreal. THe Vikings were so good that season and were unstoppable.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, he's the NBA record-holder.

Guess Tebow holds the NFL mark.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

As a pure fan, still bitter the Vikings robbed us of what might have been a great Super Bowl vs. Denver. Instead we got that crap fest.

8. turski7

turski7 Member

Nothing tastes sweeter after a Super Bowl win.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Eugene Robinson probably wishes the Vikings had won that one.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I like the 49ers' chances since they don't have to play the Rams. Just hoping their games don't come down to field goals.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I dunno. Didn't look very crappy from this neck of the woods.

And I just can't see Seattle making four cross-country trips and coming out alive to the NFC title game. If they win, they should just stay back East.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Seahawks look like the only NFC team that doesn't have significant flaws.

Draft saved Draft deleted