1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 31, 2012.

1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I'm a diehard Packer fan and I don't know why anyone thinks GB can win that game. That week 1 game was horrific. The box score is a lie. GB did absolutely nothing offensively and couldn't stop their offense for anything. They're largely the same team. They'll be able to move on GB's defense and GB cannot run. They'll sit back on Rodgers and generate pressure with 4 guys. It's maybe the worst matchup in the league for GB's offense.

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

SF defense is pretty ordinary without Justin Smith, IllMil. Aldon Smith had 19.5 sacks in 13 games with Justin Smith in there and hasn't had one in the last three games without his buddy eating up double-teams. Justin Smith says he's going to try to play in the playoffs, but he has a partially torn triceps tendon that needs surgery so I don't know how realistic that is.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Can you imagine if the Packers-49ers game goes to overtime? There could be a half dozen missed kicks before a winner is declared. :D

5. Mizzougrad96

Quite a bit has changed since Week 1. The Niners have a QB who will be making his playoff debut. The two teams have the worst kickers in the league, two formerly scoring leaders who clearly have the yips this season. It will be interesting to see if the Niners have Smith and Davis back and if the Packers have Woodson back.

There are a lot of variables. I think that's the most interesting potential matchup of the playoffs.

6. LongTimeListener

That's a scary thought indeed. But hasn't Crosby gotten it back a little bit?

At least with the 49ers, it's bad enough to make me think the Falcons will beat them if it comes to it. You can't take six or nine points away from yourself in a playoff game.

7. Mizzougrad96

I would certainly hope Akers wouldn't miss those kicks indoors... I know he missed a potential game-winner against the Rams inside, but it was from 50+. Crosby has been OK the last two weeks... Of course, he hit the bar against the Titans (it still went through) and Minneapolis is one of the easiest places in the league to kick...

What's funny is when he was in Philly, Akers was as automatic in playoff games as anybody not named Vinatieri...

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bengals by a field goal
    Packers 42-7
    Ravens 42-0

Seahawks-Redskins will be a fun game.

9. LongTimeListener

The craziest part is Akers started the season by making a 63-yard field goal in Green Bay.

Don't know if dome would make a difference, but the two kicks yesterday were as perfect as you can get for outdoor conditions and he just missed them from 44 and 40.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Texans are setting up for a collapse befitting their NFC brethren.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Texans, Ravens, Packers and Redskins win next week at home.

I'm torn between Green Bay and Atlanta in the NFC. Taking Denver in the AFC, because New England went last year and we don't allow teams from Houston in Super Bowls.

12. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, there was no excuse for missing either of them. Fortunately he came back and hit a couple, but I would be lying if I said him lining up for a kick with the game on the line wouldn't scare the fuck out of me. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted