1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL players prepared to strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Good.

Bring it.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

3. John

John Well-Known Member

This is all a ploy to make sure that Vick doesn't miss anymore games.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

You got that right.

Jesus, you would think a person would only need a few million dollars to be happy.

For crying out fucking loud. Let 'em actually perform some actual labor -- they'd go crying to their mothers.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I can't think of any story that would please me more than the NFL going on strike. Even the slightest possibility of an NFL strike is the best news I've heard among all the tiresome hype during Super Bowl week. Probably won't happen and it's likely too much to hope for.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'd love to see an independent firm audit NFL franchises. I'm guessing the money the owners take home is staggering.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Let em. Then let em have several seasons of rebuilding like the MLB.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

hey look everyone it's dumb little Chuckie, who is deathly allergic to logic.

Fuck off, little man, and come back to the adult table when you master 13th grade.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

And why is it overdue? Everyone's making money hand over fist and competitiveness is...at...an...all-time...high. Oh wait. That's right. Four titles in seven years for the Pats. Time to blow it up!

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's a long way from a threat of a strike to actually having an entire season without a champion. I was fairly young in '87 and not paying attention to such things. Did that strike really do much damage to the league in terms of fan interest?

Now if they actually have to cancel a Super Bowl, that's a whole different matter.

If the owners do try to get an even better deal for themselves, it is because they have every reason to believe that they can get it. They just haven't been given enough reason to fear the player's union.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The owners broke the union in '87. They would do the same thing in 2008 -- by using replacements.

Keanu Reeves is available, and so is that Welsh kicker.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was my question. You would think that would cause some problems, using replacement players, but I don't remember it doing that much damage.

I just remember the proof of just how weak the union was when so many players crossed the line.

Draft saved Draft deleted