1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Miami likes getting rid of playmakers it seems. I wonder if the Bengals would take a look at him?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Bush was a victim of all the hype coming out of college, but he had some nice games last season on a team that had no other offensive weapons. He'd be a nice addition for a number of teams. Maybe Buffalo needs another back.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I guess the Dolphins like being a national joke.

Man, it hurts to say that. But it's a clown show again.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You don't expect big things from Lamar Miller and Brian Hartline?

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

He did have some good games. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but Buffalo is just fine with Spiller and FredEx (whey they touch the ball).

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm being sarcastic. Spiller is one of the most dynamic players in the league, and they need to get him more involved on a regular basis. Like Bush, though, Spiller can't be a workhorse. But whoever's running the offense in Buffalo should figure out a way to get him 20 touches EVERY game. If that means less for Fred Jackson, so be it.

7. Riptide

When was the last time the Dolphins had an offense? It's a field-goal attack.

8. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I'm just waiting on TigerVols to give his reaction to the Cowboys' hire at WR coach.

9. Rob Ryan not going to be the Rams' next defensive coordinator after all. Five minutes is going to be longer than he thought.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8893455/rob-ryan-st-louis-rams-defensive-coordinator-jeff-fisher

10. Riptide

Moss to world: "I'm the best ever."

Rice to Moss: "Shut the fuck up."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8893843/super-bowl-2013-randy-moss-says-greatest-wr-ever-play

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Moss is not crazy (about this). At his peak, he was far scarier to a defense than Rice ever was. Rice's brilliance was his consistent greatness, but he was never the force that Moss was at his best, in Minnesota or NE.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Far scarier? Please tell me you forgot the blue font.

More importantly, he still wasn't even close to Rice. Consistency is part of judging the greatest receiver ever. So are Rice's Super Bowl rings. So are his numbers, which are far superior to Moss's. It's not close.

If you want to try to stack Moss against anybody else, maybe. But he's not close to Rice.

Draft saved Draft deleted