1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL off-season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I hope that you guys don't mind me starting this thread, and if the thread title isn't right, then please change it.

Ricky Williams decided to call it quits again.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/02/ricky-williams-retires/1

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Todd Haley is the Steelers' new OC.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/wires/02/07/2020.ap.fbn.steelers.haley.2nd.ld.writethru.0724/index.html

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this be changed to "Where's Peyton?"

Necks and nerves are nothing to take lightly, especially for a 35 yr. old.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I like the hire. Roethlisberger and the Steelers' receivers should be a good fit for his system and he does have roots in the town and the organization.

That said, I don't understand pushing Arians out if you are going to bring in a guy who runs a similar system, unless the reports I've read are wrong and Tomlin really didn't want to keep Arians.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

oop, aren't you at all concerned that a family-run, together organization is bringing in such a flaming jackhole to call the shots on offense? Chemistry not exactly his strong suit.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Questioning the Steelers on how to run a football team is like questioning George Clooney on his ability to talk to women.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh, I know they're the standard. Haley just seems like an odd fit because they generally seem to have the attitude that people getting along works better. (As opposed to a lot of organizations who believe people staying on edge makes them sharper.)

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Haley liked to run the football in KC. That is good enough for me.

9. outofplace

They have had a heck of a recent run of success with assholes like Roethlisberger and Harrison on the team. Maybe they felt like they needed one on the coaching staff, too.

10. outofplace

Do you remember his offense in Arizona? Sure, he was smart enough to run the ball in KC because that was what the personnel dictated. Give him a quarterback like Roethlisberger and receivers like Wallace, Brown and Sanders and I don't think he's going to want to run any more than Arians did.

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Haley ran a vertical passing offense in Arizona, tried to do it in KC with worse personnel and this is what Roethlisberger wanted. Rapist complained when Arians left and now he is probably pulling some 17-year-old to celebrate.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I dunno. Seems pretty questionable to me.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted