1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL MVP - Brees or Rodgers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 2, 2012.

?

Who should win the NFL MVP, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers?

1. Drew Brees

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Aaron Rodgers

48 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would have zero problem if someone cast their MVP vote for Manning this season.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Most Valuable Players probably should play.

3. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Rodgers. After winning a Super Bowl and being targeted every game, all he did was deliver every week (except against KC in a trap game). Brees has been solid as well, of course, but he also has lost to a couple bad teams.

4. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Casting a vote for Manning is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. Let's give Michael Jordan MVP for every year since 1996 because the Bulls haven't done shit without him either.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Did Rodgers have a bad game? I don't think so. Even against KC he wasn't bad.

Brees was bad against Tampa Bay and St. Louis, and NO lost both games. Think about that -- NO lost to two of the worst teams in the league.

Rodgers was consistently better than Brees all season long, including beating him in head-to-head battle. Shouldn't be much of a question.

6. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Manning doesn't get an award because the team fell apart without him. But the Colts brain trust was stupid to assume he would be indestructible year after year after year. You've got to have the ability to overcome hurdles.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Pats fanboi and I wouldn't vote for Brady.
    Watching Brees and Rogers all season, I think Brees is the choice. When he was one, there was no one better this season. Brees, Rogers, Brady, Calvin Johnson, Gronkowski, is my top five.
    And that Manning talk is ridiculous. Had he played, the Colts go 10-6 and no one talks Manning as an MVP.

8. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Doesn't help Brees' cause that the two shitty teams he lost to have now fired their coaches.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Except, you know, Rodgers.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Seriously?

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'm using the eyes instead of the stats, which likely prove me wrong, but I'll take Brees over Rodgers. Brees looks more composed in the pocket and throws a prettier ball.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Brees does indeed throw a "prettier" ball, going strictly by sight, but I'm not sure why that matters. Rodgers is a better passer. He completes a higher percentage of his passes, he throws just as many touchdowns and he makes (by far) fewer mistakes.

Draft saved Draft deleted