1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Drug Testing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hawker14, Aug 28, 2006.

1. hawker14

hawker14 Member

...works well, lol.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/football/nfl/carolina_panthers/15371194.htm

sry if this has already been posted

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I saw the report on ESPN Motion earlier today, almost cried I laughed so hard when the question was asked if any side effects had been reported and the reporter says "Jeff Mitchell had complained of hair loss and shrunken testicles, and Todd Steusie had requested (insert hormonal drug here) so that his breasts didn't grow."
    Fucking hilarious. Serves them right to have the world know them by name as have shrunken testicles and breasts.
    However, it also makes the NFL testing look like an absolute joke.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Save this thread for the next time the dopey NFL apologists talk about how clean their sport is.

All the NFL has going for it is good PR and a bullying commissioner. But that's all you need to keep Congress and clueless fans off your back.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't think the fans are clueless. I think the fans -- as has been stated time and time again in Bonds/BALCO threads -- simply don't care. If Bonds hits balls that splash into McCovey Cove, fine. If McGwire and Sosa blast moon shots and can create life for a sport that desperately needed it, fine. If you can create an atmosphere each and every Sunday that no other sport can touch, fine.

I know you're not an NFL guy, BYH, but the fans aren't clueless. They simply don't care. There is a difference.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

LOL.

Find those posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted